Pulling my 7mgte

shadowman1977

Jun 4, 2015
Kingston N.Y. 12401
Hey all. I'm in the process of pulling my engine out to send it to be decked and rebuilt. I was wondering if anybody out there knows if the propeller shaft inlet needs to be unclipped or anything or if when you pull the motor and tranny it just slides out? Everything else is out-of-the-way and the engine is ready to be yanked.
Oh yeah and what about that lower front cross brace? The long circular bar that goes under/across the oil pan??
I'd appreciate any help given, thanks.

farristrey

Jan 1, 2015
Clermont, FL
I left mine attached to the trans so tranny oil didn't get everywhere until I was ready, then yes it will slide right out. The crossmember needs to be pulled out also. When pulling the engine and trans together like that, you need a steep angle and that cross member will keep you from getting all of that angle. It's only two bolts. An impact does the trick.

shadowman1977

Jun 4, 2015
Kingston N.Y. 12401
I am pulling it all together minus the head and pully assembly. Noticed the edge of the teeth on the flywheel are a bit worn and the slave cylinder is full of gooky rust but thats the worst so far. Thanks for the info! :)

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
In my experience, the edge of the flywheel teeth is intentionally cut back slightly, and I think
this is done to ease the engagement of the starter gear. So yours may just be normal.