Pulled My 7m Motor. (Pics)

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
So yea as the title says i pulled my 7m-gte recently well like two weeks ago roughly. And i got some pictures of some of the progress. So i figured id show some pictures. Stay tuned for a build also!

p1603775_1.jpg

p1603775_2.jpg

p1603775_3.jpg

p1603775_4.jpg

p1603775_5.jpg

p1603775_6.jpg

p1603775_7.jpg

p1603775_8.jpg

p1603775_9.jpg

p1603775_10.jpg

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
Well i dont quite have all the money saved up for the build yet, or any of the parts for that matter. Its more of a down the road sorta thing.

UT93sc300

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio (Tol/Cle)
Hmmm, looks like fun. I'll be doing the same thing in the next few weeks.
Any reason in particular you pulled it? What was the biggest challenge?

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
Yea, the compression was really low and it was burning oil. I also have a spare block and parts that i plan on building so that just gave me the extra little push. Well this was my second time pulling a motor. I helped pull my friends honda prelude motor the week before this one, so i was really busy pulling motors lol. The hardest part for me was getting the motor mount nuts off the top specifically on the intake side, but then I unbolted the nut off the bottom. After that it was all about clearing the crank pulley over the front of the car. Lots of lowering and raising till it was right.

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
Besides the motor mounts and tranny support bolts, what else did you disconnect from the engine before pulling?

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
I could get some more pictures for you and post them up, at work right now so ill get to it when i get home. Both Upper radiator and lower hoses. Unhooked my air conditioner lines. Throttle cable. Unhooked my wiring harness from the ecu rather then pulling every plug and clip. The turbo i already pulled off the car along with the intercooler piping. Coolant line going to the heater core. Unhooked the exhaust, it was in the way of the driveshaft a bit too. Unhooked the driveshaft. Unhooked the shifter from the transmission. Power steering lines. The cables going from the auto transmission. Vacuum line going from the charcoal canister. Took out radiator and fans (electric). Just so I didnt destroy them. Theres also a few vacuum lines by the intake I unhooked. Cant remember specifically though. Theres a few tricky transmission lines in there too. Oh and fuel lines down under the intake. I believe one goes into the J tube. And another is a banjo bolt. If i remember correctly. Also oil lines going to the oil cooler. Theres a really nice post on here somewhere that I used as reference.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
shifter, driveshaft,throttle cable, fan, rad, harness from the ecu, ps/ac lines(if applicable),speedo cable&reverse light harness,clutch line(i just unbolt the slave), intake piping, mounts, fuel lines, heater hoses(if applicable), exhaust, and out comes the motor. correct me if i missed anything. Or a sawzall and 20 minutes:)

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
SupraSean;1604041 said:
shifter, driveshaft,throttle cable, fan, rad, harness from the ecu, ps/ac lines(if applicable),speedo cable&reverse light harness,clutch line(i just unbolt the slave), intake piping, mounts, fuel lines, heater hoses(if applicable), exhaust, and out comes the motor. correct me if i missed anything. Or a sawzall and 20 minutes:)

I believe you missed oil lines, going to the oil cooler.