PS3 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
^ Good point. I almost bet you there's gonna be issues with the new technology incorporated in the PS3 starting out. Just like the PS2's the first few versions were Pieces of shit, I went through over 5 that I can remember.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
p420576_1.jpg

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
OK... so what if the stores were to be the ones charging a "Dealer Markup" on these things?

I agree that this is how our society works. The saddest part is the fact that there are people out there that are so desp for a silly game system that this is happening.

I'd love to play me some GT2 but still don't want to pay $150 (current price for a PS2 locally) for this.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
OneJoeZee said:
I agree some of the auctions are legit, but many aren't. there's too many dumbasses who think they're smart and will bump up their own auction or have a friend do it. The smart people will get rid of them as fast as they can with "decent" prices. The rest will sit on them with 1 or more consoles they don't even want.

just because it's simple economics doesn't make it OK and everyone should go play nice. It's not illegal but it's pretty shitty that masses of people are robbing true enthusiasts of their system or emptying their pockets. It's legal extortion...

You can use any example of something people are really enthusiastic or passionate for. what if all the vendors on the forum started charging 2-3 times more for EVERYTHING they sell?

this country was built on exactly what is going on right now. the bottom line is the people who are hardcore fans who had just enough to buy the system...they went and waited in line...no one was STOPPING them from going and waiting just like the "evil" people who are doing it just to sell them.

the hardcore fans who have money and im sure there are tons...are the ones just bidding on them on ebay from home. they get what they want when they want it but they pay a little more.

its just like paying someone money to do the dirty work for you and you get the "benefits".....

if vendors here started selling things at insane prices....and EVERY vedor in the world did that..we would have a choice.... pay the high prices or get out of the hobby..... or create things on our own. simple as that. gotta pay to play right ;)

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
KeithH said:
OK... so what if the stores were to be the ones charging a "Dealer Markup" on these things?

I agree that this is how our society works. The saddest part is the fact that there are people out there that are so desp for a silly game system that this is happening.

I'd love to play me some GT2 but still don't want to pay $150 (current price for a PS2 locally) for this.

then you simply dont want to play it enough..some people obviously do..... and by the way its sad that 150 is too much for a ps2 in your eyes....especially since its a dvd player as well. bt thats just me. :dunno:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Idealsupra said:
this country was built on exactly what is going on right now. the bottom line is the people who are hardcore fans who had just enough to buy the system...they went and waited in line...no one was STOPPING them from going and waiting just like the "evil" people who are doing it just to sell them.

the hardcore fans who have money and im sure there are tons...are the ones just bidding on them on ebay from home. they get what they want when they want it but they pay a little more.

its just like paying someone money to do the dirty work for you and you get the "benefits".....

if vendors here started selling things at insane prices....and EVERY vedor in the world did that..we would have a choice.... pay the high prices or get out of the hobby..... or create things on our own. simple as that. gotta pay to play right ;)

I guess putting your head in the sand is a good way to look at this. This dumb PS3 situation sucks for everyone involved. Store workers have to work super hard to keep people under control, clean their trash up, stop them from stealing. Real enthusiasts have to shell out way more than they should. etc etc

Like I said, just because it's a common practice and a simple function of our society doesn't make it right.

There is no way you tell me you would be the least bit upset if every part for your supra cost 3 times more than what you would normally pay and you had no other choice. If so, you are lying to help your argument that because it's legal makes it ok.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
OneJoeZee said:
I guess putting your head in the sand is a good way to look at this. This dumb PS3 situation sucks for everyone involved. Store workers have to work super hard to keep people under control, clean their trash up, stop them from stealing. Real enthusiasts have to shell out way more than they should. etc etc

Like I said, just because it's a common practice and a simple function of our society doesn't make it right.

im not putting my head in sand..... yeah the problems store workers are having to deal with suck...and idont agree with that.... but saying what people are doing is wrong? i dont see it....

are you upset you cant get one or something joe? seriously..... you sound like youre just pissed people are buying them to resell them at higher values because you wanted one?

who cares about hardcore gamers..... if they are "hardcore" enough they will buy one for the higher price.... if not then they arent as hardcore as you thought huh.

again what stopped THEM from going and waiting in the same line as everyone else? tell me that?

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
OneJoeZee said:
There is no way you tell me you would be the least bit upset if every part for your supra cost 3 times more than what you would normally pay and you had no other choice. If so, you are lying to help your argument that because it's legal makes it ok.
Actually I read a story about how one store had employees who were going to keep them all because they "lost" their shipment and then someone called the news stations and they "found" them again.

Another one the manager took the people who were in line and did some kind of musical chairs and riots broke out.
:biglaugh: Good times.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
its the 'hardcore' gamer that made it this way. they're willing to pay extra for it not to wait in line.. and poeple are cashing in on it.. no problem with that..

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Idealsupra said:
im not putting my head in sand..... yeah the problems store workers are having to deal with suck...and idont agree with that.... but saying what people are doing is wrong? i dont see it....

are you upset you cant get one or something joe? seriously..... you sound like youre just pissed people are buying them to resell them at higher values because you wanted one?

who cares about hardcore gamers..... if they are "hardcore" enough they will buy one for the higher price.... if not then they arent as hardcore as you thought huh.

again what stopped THEM from going and waiting in the same line as everyone else? tell me that?

No, try again. I'm not upset because I can't get a PS3. Even if they were in stores readily I wouldn't have one yet. I don't like any of the release titles.

It wasn't a problem when 360 released because only a few out of the whole did this. Now the minority are those who actually wanted a PS3. I wasn't bothered by reselling game systems for higher prices until EVERYONE started doing it. It's just like anything else. It's a good idea until everyone decides to get on the bandwagon and get their cut.

You brought up the MK4 example, so I know we both understand the relation. but if the overwhelming majority of those owners only bought the car to flip it and price gouge, I'd think it was pretty shitty and I'd feel bad for the enthusiasts. whether I planned to buy one or not.

We're never going to see eye to eye on this. So agree to disagree.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
OneJoeZee said:
No, try again. I'm not upset because I can't get a PS3. Even if they were in stores readily I wouldn't have one yet. I don't like any of the release titles.

It wasn't a problem when 360 released because only a few out of the whole did this. Now the minority are those who actually wanted a PS3. I wasn't bothered by reselling game systems for higher prices until EVERYONE started doing it. It's just like anything else. It's a good idea until everyone decides to get on the bandwagon and get their cut.

You brought up the MK4 example, so I know we both understand the relation. but if the overwhelming majority of those owners only bought the car to flip it and price gouge, I'd think it was pretty shitty and I'd feel bad for the enthusiasts. whether I planned to buy one or not.

We're never going to see eye to eye on this. So agree to disagree.

the last thing you said i 100% agree with..... it is kinda shitty BUT there is nothing wrong with it. thats all im saying..... and as you said the problem some people might face is the flooding of that aftermarket sale of the ps3.... so it might hurt them in the long run....

but the actions themselves i dont have a problem with... thats all. i do understand what you are saying... we can start a "hardcore gamer didnt get a ps3 fund" if you want ;) :D

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Idealsupra said:
but the actions themselves i dont have a problem with... thats all. i do understand what you are saying... we can start a "hardcore gamer didnt get a ps3 fund" if you want ;) :D

If I had the time, I'd rather start a "don't buy secondhand PS3s" site/petition so those people with multiple PS3s can either have one for every tv in the house or give them up for store price.:biglaugh:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
If someone would pay 5x+ more for a game console for their kids, their kids don't need it. That's my $.02

That being said, my mom stayed in line for like 10 hours to get me my PS2. I didn't ask for it, and I didn't really care if I got one or not. Somebody offered my mom $300 or something for her SPOT in line and she wouldn't do it. I guess she just felt bad or something because I was sitting at home doing nothing w/ a broken leg. But I still told her she was retarded for not taking the money. I friggin love my ps2, but I would have slapped her if she would have paid some stupid amount of cash for it.

If you want to make some cash, try waiting a few days before X-mas and put it on e-bay. People are suckers when it gets to be crunch time.

DO I want a PS3? Sure, when the price hits $250 or so. :icon_bigg

*edit*
and wasn't GT2 on PS1?

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
watch the news. 10 chairs and 100 people running to get them. people went to the hospital. Somebody was already shot over one. Are you friggin serious? Gimmee dat game bizzatch fo' I bust a cap in yo ase. bang bang. I want one, but not that bad. I'll prolly go 1/3's with a couple friends.

It sucks what people are doing, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
billspreston01 said:
watch the news. 10 chairs and 100 people running to get them. people went to the hospital. Somebody was already shot over one. Are you friggin serious? Gimmee dat game bizzatch fo' I bust a cap in yo ase. bang bang. I want one, but not that bad. I'll prolly go 1/3's with a couple friends.

It sucks what people are doing, but hey, whatcha gonna do?
So criminals gotta be ghetto?

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
I owned one for about 3 minutes lastnight and I only waited inline for 6 hours last night. 6hr and 45mins total time and profited $1000.00, I'm not complaining.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
my roomate made 3400 bucks last night on a ps3... bought it put it on ebay buy it now for 4000$ went to bed and woke up rich....i am insanely pissed, it would totally have been worth it... but yeah it belongs on ebay not supramania

Status
Not open for further replies.