PS = Bitch.

About 2 weeks ago my power steering started making crazy ass noises whenever I turn even slightly or at idle.
On the way to my friends house I stopped at a stop sign and turned left from as stop and it suddenly started it's crazy screeming daily ritual, i've already flushed the system once and when the old fluid was comming out I did notice a small black goopie chunky thing comming down the clear tubing. I will flush the system again tommrow and see if that dosen't resolve the problem.
The car only has 77792 miles on it so every thing is pretty new. The assist I would normal get from PS has been draining since the inital noise, it's down to about 2% assist. The steering is REALLY hard until right before lock then it just gives in and turns over. :nono: Any ideas?

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Poodles;1464189 said:
Clogged filter screen, remove reservoir and back wash it with solvent (brake cleaner, ect)

Didnt even think of that.. Been a long while since I did mine.

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Poodles;1466129 said:
Resist the temptation to poke a hole through the screen, just keep flushing it with solvent until it's clean.

RazoE;1475455 said:
if it ain't red, your ps will be dead...

^^^For some reason i find these statements amusing

Poodles, I didn't know about the ATF/red fluid only... but i'm not about to pour in motor oil Lolz

Learn something new everyday :)
-Dave