Proud New (to me) MK3 Owner

Dangerous88

Feb 1, 2013
Arizona
Greetings fellow Supra Enthusiasts. My name is Dane, my funnier friends call me 'Danger' and this is the story of 'Dangerous88'. I bought the car from a friend who had had pretty much stripped it down for $450 with no motor or trans. I bought a JDM 7M-GTE with just about everything accessory wise, used my local parts suppliers, DM and Ebay to find the rest of my parts. it took about a year or working everynight after work for 3 or 4 hours, sometimes later but i got her done. This is my '88, Hardtop, Turbo, Cloth interior, crackless dash Daily Driver.

007.jpg

How i Bought her.

008.jpg

Packing her up and taking her home.

bighole.jpg

Ready to install...

funfun.jpg

...This!!

7mIN.jpg

Looks good.

001.jpg

Funny thing... the Day i was goign through the Suspension the red Supra showed up for tires... follwed by the white one, which i ended up buying.

001.jpg

Day i brought her home.

016.jpg

Installing the GSP Intercooler and Greddy BOV

030.jpg

All done!!

002.jpg

First Rim/Tire combo. Mk4 stagger fitment 16's on PilotSportAS's

Dangerous88

Feb 1, 2013
Arizona
001.jpg

My final choice for rims and tires. These are the XXR 526's... had to have the rear rims made internationally. The fronts are the 18x9s with the 2.75in lip, the rears are the 10.5x18s with a 4.25in lip. Im running 245/45ZR18 and 265/40ZR18 BFG Comp2's Front and Rear, with 2.2degrees of camber and a serious rear lip roll. Barely had to roll the fronts and they tuck nicely.

009.jpg

Hanging out with a couple of buddies outside of work.

Well, thanks for looking at the car. Ive wanted one of these for a very long while... like since i was 15. I never intended it to be the fastest car on the planet, i just wanted a decently quick daily driver that had appeal and was fun to drive. I am considering a 2J swap, for relaibility, but until then im just going to enjoy the fruits of my labors.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
people act like the m series engine is unreliable, but it's always funny when i see them in the junkyard w/ 3 to 500,000+ miles on them

treat your car like shit and it'll return the favor... good read though, keep up the good work :cool:

Dangerous88

Feb 1, 2013
Arizona
Absolutely correct sir. I am a ASE Master technician by trade, and deal with poor maintance habits on a daily basis. Funny how quickly it turns into an expensive deal.

Dangerous88

Feb 1, 2013
Arizona
The Maroon one in the center of the picture with the 3 Supras is mine all the way. The white one is for the GF, because she really digs the body style. After riding in mine she is glad its n/a. she doesnt like the power. The white one was kind of a fluke... it came into the shop 20minutes behind the Bright red one on the right. The trans input shaft was puking gear oil and after hearing the price to replace it, the customer opted to sell the car to me for a pretty decent price. How often do you get three Mk3's in your shop in one day? I had to take the pic.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Incredible transformation my man! Also very amazing to see 3 MK3s up on the lifts like that and then for you to take two of them home when you only brought in one, that is love!