Prospective new aquisition. No start/No run condition. Recently R&R'd HG.

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
Found a gem on Craigslist today, I'm considering dropping an offer on. 1989 White package. N/A automatic. "50k on Engine, 206k on Chassis."

Gentlemen states that it was running perfectly before the BHG. Apparently he took it to a mechanic, who R&R'd the HG. Upon completion of the job, the car has a no start/no run condition. Owner claims it has spark, fuel and good compression. States that it cranks, and "sounds as if it wants to start" but wont.

Thoughts? I'm thinking it may be something as simple as his knuckle-dragging shade-tree tech forgetting to reconnect something. Or possibly even low batt + a fried generator. But who knows. And as I no longer wrench for 'Yota, my resources are a tad limited on this one...

Thanks for any input.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Could be something easy.

If its cheap and in good condition i would prolly buy it. But after all its still a n/a car.

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
hvyman;1584830 said:
Could be something easy.

If its cheap and in good condition i would prolly buy it. But after all its still a n/a car.

I know it could be easy. This is actually how I got my last one for (literally) what was in my wallet at the time. I was looking for suggestions on what to double check though. ;)

For the most part, the chassis itself is in great condition. It'd need new bumpers, sideskirts and paint for the hood though. That said, this looks to be a great swap or flip candidate to me.