Pronounce Tein

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
from google:

they walk in late that evening, about 6:00, and say "Hello, we are {names} from Tein". I look at Steve and say, "Well, I guess that answers the question of how you pronounce it!" BTW, Tein is pronounced with a long A, like "tane".

and

Hoppie
I heard so many different ways of pronouncing it. Is it Tee-in? Tain? (Like Chow Mein?) Teen? I dont know. Such a friggin' noob. Sorry just a random thought. If I posted it somewhere else, Id get accused of trolling. Now Im just post whoring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choku Dori
Proper Japanese pronunciation is "Tayn", rhymes with "rain" :cool:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SuzWRX
^ Yeah I actually asked a Tein rep at the SEMA show and thats what he told me..

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
cwapface said:
from google:

they walk in late that evening, about 6:00, and say "Hello, we are {names} from Tein". I look at Steve and say, "Well, I guess that answers the question of how you pronounce it!" BTW, Tein is pronounced with a long A, like "tane".

and

Hoppie
I heard so many different ways of pronouncing it. Is it Tee-in? Tain? (Like Chow Mein?) Teen? I dont know. Such a friggin' noob. Sorry just a random thought. If I posted it somewhere else, Id get accused of trolling. Now Im just post whoring.

Choku Dori
Proper Japanese pronunciation is "Tayn", rhymes with "rain" :cool:

SuzWRX
^ Yeah I actually asked a Tein rep at the SEMA show and thats what he told me..

???? I dont understand any of that.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Boostedstr8six said:
:umno:

teh-een. tay-een. That is how it is supposed pronounced. Three characters: "te" "i" "n". I took two years of Nihongo. This does depend on it being a "japanese" word.

Same here - three years I lived in Japan, and it was great.

Good to know that SOME people know how to pronounce Japanese.

Soo Poo Rah

Hehe

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
tein=rain
cusco=coos-ko

i always said it coos-ko never heard cuss-co before.
and tein i always said like rain cuz that's what it looked like to me.
but then i read that it meant TEchnical INnovation and figured
"TEH" from TEchnical
and "IN" from INnovation
"TEH"+"IN"=TEN
but then i, too, got corrected by a tein employee that it was like "rain"

so... yeah. tane. i was right all along