project who said supras are to heavy for track cars

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
ones in pick are of a pro 5.0 attached to a tko500 gearbox - since the runnign gea rhas gone back into my good car - supra will be runnign a stock r154 and shifter. perhaps a c's shifter at a later date.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
couple of worthwhile updates

the bomex rear add ons i ordered from shine arrived in post the other day and few days before that, another set of wheels which were bought for drifting (gold regas are my circuit rims)

pa051741.jpg

on another note, sellign the nissan skyline brake kit (both front and rears) as i just bought a ferrari f50 brembo front kit from japan which will be about 7 weeks away (F**k i hate waiting for cool shit to arrive)

only downside is they are 324mm rotors. would have much prefered 332 or 355 but cant have everything.

kalmel2518-img600x449-1254215256pkhfra14566.jpg

as for the rear brakes, will be swappping the nissan gtst/jza80 324x16mm rotor combo out for 34gtr brembos (gold ones in pic above) and 322x22mm 2 piece rotors which ill have to save up for :(

i thought the 16mm thick mk4 rotors would be too thin for proper track work so will sell them off before/incase they warp.

was eyeing off a fiberglass bonnet on yahoo the other day but it sold on me (mega cheap - like 200 bux) before i had the chance to organise some1 to ship it over for me so on the look out for another one now to help shed some weight..

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
That's an amazingly low weight, I've taken out ~200 and am now 3650 w/ driver and rollbar. I can't imagine getting near 3100 much less 2700. That's gonna be a fun car on track.

Have you looked into replacement rotor costs? I know they'll last longer than stock but still rotors are a wear item. I get 3-4 weekends out of the stock ones with a good race pad but they're cheap to replace.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
villan - have a look through thread - heaps off pics of what the car looks like demonstrating whats been removed and what hasnt

prsrcokr - rotor rings are about 300 each to replace - so not too bad really. would like to think aftermarket stuff would last alot better then oem when gettign abused around a track..

believe it or not, best part of overkill... but those f50 brakes above will be going on my rears now as i just bought a brand new 355mm stoptech kit for 1200 bux for the fronts (will most likely put the f50 brembos on front given they got bigger piston diameter and the stoptech calipers on rear)

only downfgall to the madness is my much loved and sort after regamastyer rims will no longer fit :(

pb101763.jpg

as far as weight goes - my soarer weighs about 1500 kilos and everythign is interchangeable between the cars..

when the 7m was in soarer - it owuldnt even break traction in 2nd when it hit boost, but in soarer - just fried 3rd (with 350 rwhp)..

cant wait to see what its its like with 450 ish and even lighter again

goign to speak to a bloke tomorrow with a 7 sec chev powered mk3 supra who runs fiberglass doors and try butter him up into makign a pair for me. weights a complete stock door the other day and thewy wqere about 36 kilos (give or take)

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
That's going to be one powerful brake system!
Yeah, should last longer than OEM rotors since they'll manage heat better. Looking forward to pics of them installed. Was that a mk3 stoptech kit or just rotors/calipers that you're making brackets for?

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
unfortunately, the kit is for a jaguar s-type..

although i could just redrill the pcd and make up custom brackets, im going to order the same offset hats as my brembos on soarer. that way i can copy the brembo brackets rather then having to make my own up..

also means that everything will be interchangeable..

as far as weight goes, spoke to local drag racer with a 7/8 sec mk3 (small block v8) and he has a set of fiberglass doors, a fiberglass bonnet, and a fiberglass hatch (and respective moulds) that he said he no longer needs and i can have..

hopefully pick them up next weekend.

if all goes well, will be looking at a sub 2400 lbs (1100kg) supra

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
well no luck on the fiberglass panels just yet :(

bloke is either flat out like he says he is orelse is having 2nd thoughts

eithway - got my work cut out fitting the brake setup as follows

fronts (left)
f50 brembos (40/44mm pistons)
355x32mm stoptech rotors

rears (right in pic)
stoptech st-40 calipers (34/40mm pistons)
324x32mm project mu rotors

all i have to do now is make up the brackets and buy some suitable pads

at a predicted race ready 1100 kg, this is one supra that should have no problems pulling up!!

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
HKS_TRD;1461619 said:
Beans Means Heinz !

Love the choice of size reference

hahah yeah - i think the brakes are indicating the size of the baked bean can rather then the otherway roung ahha

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
done a little bit of work lately so thought id update this thread

since ive been on uni break and back at work - i have been able to spend some coin and build a nice collection of parts up...

things i have since bought

HKS exhaust manifold (somethign to test against my custom made one)
tial 38mm MVS gate
HKS cam gears
fluidampr balancer
greddy hydro pump pully
sard fuel rail

on top of those, a PNT ebay spec plenum and 100mm TB poped up locally at a price i couldnt refuse (approx 440 usd) so snapped that up and have gone alittle bit off track as far as keeping this a budget build but hopefully the results are worth it...

mate is offering me a brand new pair of hks 272 cams for 600 usd but not sure if i want to go that path given such small turbo (gt30) so will hold off on them for now..

major achievement so far if the front brakes are now fully mounted ready to go

the front kit consited of custom made brackets, hubcentric spacer/sleeve, 355x32mm stoptech aero rotors, f50 brembo calipers and stainless lines... i still have to buy some pads but will do a bit of reading into them before i decide

if i dont sell the red stoptech calipers set ( which is in the classified section), trying to mount them up will be the next challange

got a phone call from bloke with drag supra the day after christmas regarding the fiberglass panels and he still keen to offload them so catching up with him to check them out/discuss prices next week...

anyway - heres some pics of the engine pay goodies for now..

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
well - up until now, light weight fiberglass/carbon doors have been a dream...

mighty big thanks to Graeme Simms (a local drag racer) for allowing me to purchase these for a very small fee..

the doors need a bit of a tidy up and some new lexan but as far as a supra diet is concerned - these are a godsend

strictlySupra

Dec 19, 2006
Canada
awesome build, love seeing other mk3s dedicated to track use.

im reaaaaally curious how you got under 3000lbs! ive stripped every part imaginable off of my car and im still tipping the scales at around 3100 with a full 12gal cell and me in the driver seat! ive got a pretty beefy cage aswell but daaaamn im stumped!

tell me your secrets? im on the other side of the world :biglaugh: so you know i wont be chasing you down at the track haha.