Project "so I have this widebody..."

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Wow. I am lucky to be alive...long story short, I wrecked her. Ended up facing the opposite direction, 2 feet from where the sidewalk started, parked kinda on a handrail and a bush. Pics or it didn't happen T_T

6340c914-75f1-5691.jpg

6340c914-7607-bdff.jpg

6340c914-764a-a33c.jpg

6340c914-776a-1ff0.jpg

6340c914-7784-b7fc.jpg

6340c914-77b1-8b0b.jpg

6340c914-77c9-1f3c.jpg

6340c914-77e5-e170.jpg

6340c914-7805-72d8.jpg

6340c914-7826-d5ae.jpg

6340c914-7844-e118.jpg

I had been saving my 100th post, and 100th build thread post for something worthy, something awesome...not this. This is all my fault and I need to not only get it fixed, but retrieve it from the tow yard as well...

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Don't WORRY MAN BRO.

THIS CAR HOT YOU FIX IT NO PROBLEM.

YOU NEED BODY SHOP I KNOW GUY YOU DRIVE LIKE VIN DIESEL YOU GOT HANDLES DON'T TRIP MAN BRO.

YOU NEED PART?

YOU PART OUT? I BUY?!

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Strangest part is that there's no skid marks on the pavement. I turned right at the intersection the car is facing in the pics; some Buick in front of me cut into the far lane I was planning on using, I switched to the inside lane, and all of a sudden I felt the curb hit both the driver's and passenger's side wheels in turn and then recognized the intersection I was just in. I landed about... I'd say 20 yards away? Maybe 25. I'd have to go back and see.

spencyg

Oct 7, 2010
Maine, USA
A very unfortunate end to a potentially awesome car. I'm not sure I understand what exactly happened to cause this, but I think its safe to say you're lucky to be alive. Good luck with the insurance company....

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I was not ejected, both me and my passenger were strapped in. I meant that the car ended up like 20 yards away from it's last known position in space...not a scratch on either me or my friend. Kinda achy today, but nowhere near as bad as any other accident I've ever been in.

I will hopefully be retrieving the vehicle today. My front bumper is torn, and the front lower control arm was dragging. Tow yard said it's not worth getting out, but I won't accept it until I see it in the daylight.

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
So, after talking to the cops that showed up and talking to my passenger, here is what I gather happened:

I was doing around 25mph, went to turn right behind the Buick on a green light, Buick turned and stayed in the left lane afterwards, going rather slowly. I switched to the right hand lane, went to grab 3rd and probably wound up with 1st instead. Vehicle oversteered, I tried to correct it (too late...the wheels were still countersteered when I got out of the car), and swapped ends right before jumping the curb. The front of the car apparently had the most momentum as it went the furthest off the road...more info when I get pics from the yard.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
damn dude, that sucks..

you can't really shift into 1st can you? I know I have to be doing less than 5mph, before it goes in first without grinding...

Last edited:

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
yep, that's why I say he locked up the posi and spun the car. I did it with my first supra and almost killed myself in the process. Given just the right situation these cars will spin around so damn fast you dont enven know WTF happened. I almost spun myself 180 in the wrong direction under a semi trailer that was moving.

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
She's back in my driveway now, hurt face and everything. It's sad, really, to see just how much damage I really did. I'm not even going to jack it up and check the undercarriage until later this week. I still need to let it sink in that I wrecked my baby, and that I will probably have to part her out. I may keep the motor/tranny for another shell (I WILL HAVE ANOTHER SUPRA!!!!!!!) but I think the best idea is to not get wrapped up in it for now, and to consider it a done deal. I have an uphill battle to fight, getting my license reinstated and tickets paid for and such.

Rest is peace, Sweetlips...you aren't gone yet, but when you are, you will not be forgotten. You were my first, and definitely not my last Supra.