Project Empty Wallet (1989 White package)

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Welcome to Project Empty Wallet…

I acquired my Supra on April 11, 2006. My 240sx crapped out on me for the last time and I was tired. Sold it to my best friend for $800 (what I paid for it), and told my dad to buy me another car with the money from the 240 while I was at work.

With the help of my older brother, my dad came home with a 1989 White package N/A. I loved it, until I looked inside…

STICK! I don’t know how to drive stick! After a bunch of stalling and buckling, I finally got the hang of it, and I’ve been driving it ever since. Over the coarse of 2 years, I replaced MANY broken parts, including taillights, mirrors, center consoles, etc.

Here are a few pics of her progress from stock, to now, and soon, after the 7MGTE swap (Thanks to s0ulstar for selling me his engine!).

Enjoy!

The night I got her…
cimg03956slye4.jpg

After sticker removal..
cimg04099wegj8.jpg

Old front end (YIKES!)
cimg0648pq0by4.jpg

New bumper, lip, fogs and signal covers..
cimg0702copyws1zm7.jpg

blew the timing belt, dang..
photo27zq8.jpg

Then a bunch of time passed and I aquired a few things here and there...

JDM 7MGE, CF hood FTW, also OEM wing, CF gas cap, JDM side markers, Euro signals, and Euro folding mirrors, to name a few things..
image086fm5.jpg

July 5, 2008

Aquired Project "She drives-I-mod"

my girlfriend's AE92 Corolla Coupe was rear ended while parked by a drunk driver. Insurance gave her $1600 for it AND she was able to keep the car without a salvaged title. Nice...

While Supra hunting, we ran into a great guy by the name of Alan, who owns an 89 Turbo, and his dad owns a unique 88 N/A. We chatted about Supras for a while and exchanged numers. He calls me a few days later saying he spotted a light blue supra for sale and told me where. Long story short, the car's an 86.5 N/A Sports Package. Had a power steering leak, but the body looked good. Motor was a JDM 7MGE and she drove great. My girl buys it for $700 and the modding began soon..!

image081lr3.jpg

Taillights were swapped out the very next day..
image082hd2.jpg

Painted fogs. not pictured are the 89+ mirrors, 89+ turbo wing, and 3 hole Bomex style lip.
image083ia1.jpg

No pics of the interior, but I installed a JDM TTR Momo steering wheel on it, and replaced all the ugly red spray painted interior trim with OEM parts, and changed out the cluster lights with blue LEDs.

Anyway, back to me!

October 2008:

Purchased Bomex sides, and replica Bomex rear add-ons (yet to be installed). I also purchased S0ulstar's 7MGTE, which will be dropped in at Kaizen hopefully by the end of this week!

This is how she stands now

image188mv1.jpg

Engine shots after the swap and hopefully before the end of the year, I will have all my body parts painted the same color white (including lip). Stay tuned guys!

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Hey! I just saw this thread! Like I said, we're looking to get your car in during the week, but Friday the 17th at the latest. How sad, I already miss my 7M! Glad to see it going to a great owner!

Get those rear's installed already, you need to take off the mudflaps ( a bunch of 8mm's) like I said, either self tapping screws or double sided tape!

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I'm going to rattle can them for now..

BAD NEWS: The distributor is acting up again, car cranks and cranks but no shaking, and it won't even try to start. I think it's the cap this time not the rotor, should be a very easy fix...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Yup, im on here to get the address for Kaizen again, and then I'm on my way..:D

oh, the distributor had condensation on the metal parts, scraped it off with a screw driver and she fired right up...

Also, I put the rears on, and painted the front lip white, quick rattle can job, while I save up for a new paint job..

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Nope. I love the carbon fiber look.

small update: just purchased a brand new 3.0 turbo front grille badge, front grilles, and brand new OEM rear turbo badge. Pics will come after I pick her up from Kaizen, hopefully on/before Saturday!

darthripley

Geeky Alltrac Goddess
Oct 10, 2008
dfw death star, tx
Hey Razo - long time no chat.
the white supra has come a long way since i saw it last, looking nice & will be even better with some boost :)
looking forward to some engine bay pron :p

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Kkkeeerrrriiiiiiii, what's up? LONG time no talk! Glad to see you still have maul and R2...

Didn't know you joined the boards..

Yup, boost is going to be fun, the car doesn't look the same anymore, after the kit, once I get my S2 front air guide and regulus header panel she's going to get sprayed OEM 043 Toyota white...

-Enrique

darthripley

Geeky Alltrac Goddess
Oct 10, 2008
dfw death star, tx
I just joined up b/c we are driving down in R2 for the hill country cruise in R2 with a couple of local MKIII Supra guys and there is lots of good info here to read.

I'll PM you with more details, don't want to clutter up your build thread.

I really like the side skirts on - looks so nice and clean! :icon_bigg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Ill take some pics soon, washed it yesterday but the morning dew got her dirty again..

Ill use my cell and upload them once I get home because Mattel blocks imageshack..

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
holy crap, it's been a while since I've updated this thread!

I went through with the 7MGTE swap, came out great, I currently need to replace the turbo, but nothing too major..

My current project involves recirculating the HKS bov, which will be followed with a dummy cat, and the powder coating of my pipes to flat-black. I'm trying to make this car more under-stated, since I'm starting to worry about the smog issues, and also I'm growing out of the "loud as fuck" phase...

Here's my current mod list (atleast what I can remember)

7MGTE swap
removed AC compressor
3" exhaust, test pipe
3" BIC recirculated divorced down pipe
2.5" IC hard pipes
Lexus VVTi 2JZ-GE coils
OEM turbo 3 piece wing
OEM "turbo" badge
LED license plate lights
Euro LHD folding mirrors
HKS filter
HKS SSQV Bov, with recirculation kit (including 90 degree silicone reducer elbow into accordian pipe)
Spearco replica IC
black silicone vacuum lines
black couplers
JDM clear bubble markers, with amber LEDs, rewired to blink
JDM taillights
Euro signals
Regulus style header panel
foglight rewire, with Acura legend capsules
CF hood
CF gas cap
Shine auto type 1 front lip
real bomex sideskirts
replica bomex rear caps
OEM 3.0 turbo badge
smoked signal covers
16x7 front , 16x8 rear, Keiichi Tsuchiya Modia RS-05's
clear rear signals, with red LED's rewired to blink
91/92 blue door panels, with speakers and 6.5" speaker pods
Auto meter coablt boost gauge
blue LED cluster conversion
red/blue climate control LED conversion
Razo shift knob

I'm currently waiting on my Shine Auto S2 front air guide...

but, here are a few pics, enjoy..!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php