Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My 1J is acting up. For the most part it will drive perfectly fine. Then after I launch sometimes it will stutter and not have full power. I have solid motor mounts, so I'm not sure what to do. I'm running an AEM TRU Boost gauge/controller (couple months old). I also have a PLX M-300 wideband so I know at all times what my A/F ratio is. As far as I know I am not overboosting. I'm running a 2JZ-GTE MAP. Last I recall my boost pressure is the same it always is, maxing out around 13.1 PSi. I'm thinking I have a loose knock sensor. My Supra is parked in the garage until I know what is wrong. The codes I threw are

31: Air flow meter signal
34: Turbocharger pressure
52: Knock sensor Signal

Neal

Jun 15, 2007
Melbourne
1j's are known to blow CAP's in the ecu and lately the crank angle sensor seems to fail on 1J's and give all sorts of wiered issues.

Does the 2jz MAP sensor and the 1jz map sensor have the same part numbers?

Nice build up though. keep it comming.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Those aren't scratches, it's dust and dirt.

p1050004ie8.jpg

p1050005ku3.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Simple, they were free (I put the matching piece on the other side) and because I'm going to convert to the 89+ molding since it's lighter and moreso because it doesn't have a strip of metal in it which likes to retain bends (see front of drivers door molding).

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Since I need tools that I don't have (especially 4 good jackstands) I decided to do a few other projects. I moved the intercooler brackets to the bottom of the intercooler, moved the PS fluid cooler back to the passenger side, moved the radiator overflow tank back to its spot, and got rid of the excess crap on my throttle cable mount (still need to re-paint).

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Yup, that's how it always goes. First I'd like to thank Daryl and Matt for all their help yesterday. I really appreciate all the help I get. Now I'd like to brag a little, I conned my landlord into letting me rent the 2 car garage for only $20 a month. All the stuff that's around my Supra that's his and my roommates will stay in there, but I still have a ton of room on all sides. Now for the pics, and yes, I did cut my reverse lights wires out of impatience but I am going to fix that issue shortly. Now for the pics.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I finally got the clutch installed fully. I still need to bleed the clutch and adjust the clutch pedal. I took it for a 2 mile gentle test drive and it fealt very soft until almost the very top, in which it fully engaged (gonna take some getting used to with the 6-puck). I'm exhausted, I'll post pictures up tomorrow. Thanks Daryl, Ron, Duane, and everybody else that helped with this project. I really appreciate it.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Mo, it's impossible to install the tranny with the PP bolted in. You have to put the PP and clutch disc on the input shaft and then bolt the tranny up. Once the tranny is bolted in you can rotate the crank and slowly tighten down each of the 6 bolts 1 at a time until you get them all done (you have to tighten down each bolt several times a little at a time to make sure it's even).