f9mh6v.jpg
<br>
303d7b4.jpg

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Made my 1st actual progress today. Got my Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump with 30 and 70 micron filters installed along with the feed line. I discovered the return line fitting wasn't attached correctly so I borrowed my buddy's MIG welder and secured it to the side of the tank. I still need to add a coating of JB Weld over my welds to clean it up and act as a 2ndary sealant against pinhole leaks then give the tank a fresh coat of paint.

Side note, I've discovered my 2 new favorite tools. An oscillating multi-tool and a hand held 1/2" belt sander. These make quick work of whatever I'm working on.

242yfyf.jpg

1jm1ko.jpg

2yz0dol.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
A little progress tonight. No real work other than fine tuning the center console design. Changed up the opening points due to figuring out how to weld plastic better (reinforcing, stitch welding). It will be utilizing piano hinges that are welded in flush with the exterior of the panel with only the round pivot point sticking out beyond the surface. It will have a screen mesh (like window screen) over the flat part of the hinges to reinforce them.

rm8pw2.jpg

Billybob9187

Mar 9, 2015
Stockton Ca
Im interested in how this will turn out. Please keep us posted. I'm also interested in creating a custom console because the stock one really doesn't do much for me.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Can I ask you where did you get your rear sway bar bushing brackets?

I ordered the Energy rear sway bar bushings for mine and was going to change them but I noticed my old one was cracked on the tab of the bracket.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
If my memory is right those come with the ST sway bars.
My brackets look identical to his photos.

Its been so long since I installed my ST sway bars, I am almost positive the hardware came with.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Hah, I have you beat!
Pretty sure I installed mine in...2007
Either way the memory is going fast...

Look an old photo I dug up!
Yep they definitely came with the ST bars.
I installed zerk fittings as well.DSCF0100.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Piratetip;2094070 said:
Hah, I have you beat!
Pretty sure I installed mine in...2007
Either way the memory is going fast...

Look an old photo I dug up!
Yep they definitely came with the ST bars.
I installed zerk fittings as well.View attachment 79447

It could have been late 2007... To be fair this Supra was a rolling shell in March 2007, I drove it home from Camp Pendleton to Portland in October 2007.

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
honestabe;2094015 said:

Did you consider the routing / path of your exhaust piping? The location or lowness of the pump and filters may likely cause an interference.
My 4" barely clears the bottom of the subframe tucked into the rounded area cutout, but still scrapes occasionally on speed bumps, driveways, road imperfections, etc..

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
BlackDevilSupra;2094087 said:
Did you consider the routing / path of your exhaust piping? The location or lowness of the pump and filters may likely cause an interference.
My 4" barely clears the bottom of the subframe tucked into the rounded area cutout, but still scrapes occasionally on speed bumps, driveways, road imperfections, etc..

This is a setup I got from my buddy that was in an un-driven project. I am sure I will have to do some modification once I go to put my exhaust back on. I do plan on building a skid plate for the rear though.

Also, I only have a 3" exhaust so that helps.

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Gas tank return line fitting JB Welded seal up any micro holes my welding missed. Once cured the tank will be sanded to smooth out imperfections in the JB Weld then painted semi-flat black.

Mock hinge built from an old motorcycle fairing (same ABS plastic and roughly the same thickness). Added a 2nd layer to thicken up the area where the hinge is sunk in. On the real console the 2nd layer will run the whole length of the console.&nbsp; I heated up the hinge to melt it into the plastic, then added a layer of screen mesh over it to reinforce the hinge.&nbsp; The black you see is the ABS filler rod I used, just like TIG welding.

This finished console will be body worked to smooth perfection then covered with fabric. This of course is just a proof of concept, no need to make show quality.

2ltgg7c.jpg

2e35vfn.jpg

aw9cwl.jpg

2v8l2s1.jpg

e98ydu.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
A little progress today. Got the gas tank painted, trimmed the vertical center console piece and removed the vinyl wrap. I forgot about how the console was shaped so I am going to have to use the stock console as my template. I will need to construct it out of several pieces more than planned, but plastic is fairly easy to bend and weld so it shouldn't be an issue.

2mzwis9.jpg

255kvir.jpg

r9r6sj.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Told ya'll progress would be slow. Work is sapping a lot of my motivation. 1st time I've had a fuel pump and fuel tank installed in the Supra in about 2 1/2 years. Flipping the fuel pump gave me some fits. Gotta get some AN fittings to make it all work.

2nak6c1.jpg

6gwtc8.jpg

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Are you going with PTFE hose for your fuel lines?

For my upcoming build I have ordered most fittings from anfittingsdirect and their fuel hose is very good quality stuff. I also ordered a an fitting tester where you hook it up to a air compressor and you can test your lines you made before installing them for any leaks. It's nice to know they will hold 3 times more pressure than you plan on normally running :)

Other an fittings such as the 90 degree, both fuel rail fittings, an6 to an10 fuel filter fittings and a 180 degree fitting I have bought through a ebay store called Boostec. They have sold thousands of fittings with 100% positive feedback and also have great quality with those as well.