Project Clean 87

cnewingham

Sep 4, 2008
New Braunfels, TX
yes, i remember. I am formerly cnewingham and still am on socalsupras so you might remember me giving your crap about revving your motor up at the racelegal get togethers. Glad to see you still have it and it has gotten as far as it has

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
So here's a quick time lapse of my engine bay.

Back when the motor was first swapped in and unmolested (picture taken early October 12, 2007)

At PacNW Supra Nationals July 18, 2010 (photo courtesy of Erik Stenerud)

And recently after getting my Supra back home from it's motor and engine bay rebuild September 16, 2011

I need to take some fresh photo's tomorrow now that I've redone my headlights and did a little painting up front. I'll add those within the next day or so.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
you know adam.. if you couldnt get some kinda like low sleek valve vally cover.. that would help it just a bit more maybe man.. but its come along way yes..

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Had to raise the Supra back up a 1/4" (no real noticable difference visually) but my tires shouldn't hit the body anymore. I also cut off 2 of the former mounting tab things on each fender well. Tomorrow I have to pull half my interior out to get to the power antenna motor and remove that (permanently) as well as replace the passenger side marker that's behind the antenna motor.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the power antenna removed today along with the right rear side marker replaced. Now all I need is to just find a good rubber plug for the hole and I'll be good. Next on the list is a lot of wiring. First I need to figure out why my gauge faces and clock aren't working, then I need to start on the relocation of my hazzard and defogger switch to the center console where they will be hidden from sight. In the process I'll probably relocate my stereo head unit to the location where the climate control is currently then cover up that massive square with a sheet of ABS plastic (temp until I can rebuild the whole center console).

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well it's been a nice weekend. My dad and step-mom came up for the weekend and left early this morning (Sunday morning). Saturday I took my dad for a short spin up to the hardware store in the Supra and he discovered that my alternator is sticking about 1/8" forward of where it should be. While at the store I picked up a butterfly stainless steel bolt, a 1 1/2" rubber washer and 1 1/2" stainless steel washer. I used that to seal the hole in my rear 1/4 panel where the antenna used to be. Today I spent doing nothing but wiring. I started by removing the whole center console, the switch panel to the left of the steering column, and the steering column cover (for easier access in extending wires). I extended the stock defrost switch and then wrapped it at an angle with electrical tape (stock style) as well as the hazard switch. By the time those were all ran Trevor came over and helped guide me in the installation of my new HID kit as well as the re-wiring of the current HID setup. Using the badass kit made by DDM Tuning and using all new wires and switches I got all 4 HID lights wired up.

The inner and outer lights are wired up on seperate circuits with the 2 switches next to each other on a switch panel (soon to be re-mounted). Now all 4 lights work and I can turn them all on at the same time (each switch controls a pair of lights). It's amazing how much light the lights produce, especially when all 4 are on at the same time. I still need to wire up the fog lights and then adjust the HID lights. I'd estimate the wiring I just added at 200+ feet, 2 inline fuses, and 2 relays.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I gave the wiring a rest today (mainly because the wiring kit I bought didn't make sense) and worked on my center console and DS switch panel covers. I got the panel cover cut out and Gorilla Glued to the DS switch panel and have a 10 lb weight resting on the back side of it to hold it down (the switch panel has a bow in it). I used the stereo bracket as a template and made a cover panel for the hole where the stock radio used to go. It now fits snugly in place and is currently curing with Gorilla Glue to permenantly hold it in place from the back. I removed the headlight squirter button (not sure why I even had it since I'm pretty sure this particular Supra never came with them). I still have to make 3 more filler pieces for the center console (headlight squirter, hazzards, and the ash tray) as well as create a new mounting bracket for the radio. Tomorrow I'll sand and bondo the switch panel edges to blend the cover in.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the fog lights rewired finally and the wires all tucked up safely. Yesterday I bought a used alternator from a member on here since the one I bought is apparently the wrong one (sticks out too far). Gotta wait until Friday to go shopping for more shop supplies and a new belt sander and propane heater to make my life soooo much easier.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I finally got back to work on the Supra tonight. I made my life a lot easier and the work better/faster by buying a Delta belt/disc dual sander. I made the pieces to fill the ash tray hole, the hazzard switch hole, and the headlight squirter hole and Gorilla Glue'd them (curing now). I also cut out a hole in the center console coin holder for the gauge cluster face controller. All I have to do is to 2-side tape the controller to the coin holder and it'll be mounted. I also sanded the edges of the switch panel cover and bondo'd it up. Tomorrow I'll do some sanding and painting and fill in the cracks around the filler pieces with some black silicone.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
honestabe;1736742 said:
Borg Warner S300SX 88-75 .91 A/R Twin-Scroll Turbo

Hi I am in the process of getting this turbo on my 1j. I was just wondering where you were able to find replacement housings for these turbos. The one i picked up has the .88 open t4 (like the one pictured, I think) but id like to run a devided housing. Did you switch the housings? Where can you buy just the turbine housing? Any input on this, or other tips would help. Thanks.