Project Cherry Widebody, finished! (New pics on post #451 and #511)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I thought I would surprise everyone and post pics after completion but I must let the cat out of the bag and share. Here is the full rundown of the body and interior mods happening this winter.

I bought the car this January and it came with some great mods and just under 400 rwhp. I am putting my efforts into making this car the hottest looking Mk3 I could have imagined. Currently the plan is to have Randy at BIC performance make it all come together with top-quality fit and finish. Subscribe to this thread for future updates!

A lot of my body mod choices were inspired by Zooloo's sweet ride (from Sweden on Supraforums). Below is a collage of photos of the stuff my car will have.

Paint color will be something like House of Kolor Wild Cherry, similar to this car:
CherryADR1.jpg

This is Zooloo's car; my car will be quite similar: Mild widebody following the stock lines, Bomex bumper with vents removed, Styleauto sideskirts from Germany, clear turns, clear side markers, possibly the flat mouldings as well:
front.jpg

sida_bil.jpg

Work Equip mesh wheels imported from Japan
F: 18"x9" offset -7(minus seven), R: 18" x 10.5" offset -10(minus 10).
3" DISH(front), and 4.5" DISH(rear)!
Untitled-24.jpg

BFG KD tires:
Front 245/35R-18
Rear 295/30R-18

Kaminari rear bumper
kaminari1.jpg

Kaze rear widebody fenders(same look as the S2's), and I've got a pair of stretched stock front fenders that look a lot like the S2's as well:
04_wider.jpg

04_widef.jpg

This raised cowl carbon fibre hood (1 of 4 ever made) I'm keeping the flame pattern that will be quite subtle with the new dark cherry paint color (anyone know how to photoshop this to be dark cherry?)
DSCN1398.JPG

Now try to vizualize the whole package plus my current HID headlight mod:
Untitled-11.jpg

Tinted windows throughout plus custom dual 10" alpine type-S sub system in spare tire well and 5.25" MB Quarts all around. Interior will be 2-tone Cherry suede with "graphite" leather (from Leatherseats.com group buy on SF), darker than this photo but same style. Interior parts to be dyed graphite grey to match seats:
MYSupraINT3.jpg

Currenty installed: Momo Jet steering wheel and Momo Airleather shift knob:
Untitled-7.jpg

Cheers - Brad

Last edited:

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
nice :) what kind of leses did you use for the headlights? do you get hi/low beams?

the color you chose was very nice too, can't wait to see it on the car.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I did a full write-up on the headlight mod here: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18540

The camaro retrofit HID's are my low beams and the PIAA driving lamps are my highs.

born2drv said:
nice :) what kind of leses did you use for the headlights? do you get hi/low beams?

the color you chose was very nice too, can't wait to see it on the car.

Last edited:

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
I agree looks bad ass all those colours are just crazyyy!! Awesome looking on the MKIII. I'm starting to like lambo doors more and more, becuase everytime I'm in the car with some mates, i dont think they realise how long and big the doors are.. and before you know it might get some dents / scrapes down the bottom.. worst nightmare LOL.

roadwarrior87

Jun 14, 2005
socal
This car will be awesome! :love: could you tell me where I could get a pair of style auto side skirts and maybe the kaze fenders? :1zhelp: thanks!

2jzmk3

everything except the vert doors please!! then it will be the sickness!

dont be a ricer. keep the doors like they were suppose to be..

TobyCat

Jul 14, 2006
Vancouver BC
ahh yes, it's right across the river before Portland. I couldn't remember where it was ... not *that* far off, eh? =D

tekdeus:you're keeping the stock wing right? Oh, and do you plan on keeping all the moldings or filling them in? I saw Randy's car at suprafest without moldings...looked awesome!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Cant wait to see this! I love that interior, OMG! Its going to be so hard for me to decide what I want for my interior if you guys keep posting up all these different styles, lol...