Project 48 Hrs. (CYA's Build thread)

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
I have two main issues holding me up on completion:
1. Through a cold compression test I found that my number two cylinder is weak (60), which was funny since last week I did a compresion test and found that same cylinder to be approx. 155 under hot conditions. I think (and hope) its just cylinder rings since while hot it reads fine, I also tried using the oil in the cylinder trck and it shot up to 90. This would also explain my mystery oil burning problem that I couldn't track down.

2.Im having engine hesitation between 2500-35000 which has said to be fixed by using an AFPR to raise the fuel pressure or by getting a new O2 sensor. Which I will check tonight or tomorow.

So with those two issues I must now remove and disassemble the engine a figure out where to go from there. I do know that when I take the engine apart that I will have the machine shop clean it and check for cracks. After everything checks out I will also be changing all the seals on the head and changing the piston rings, bearings and probably add some ARP's through out if money permits. I will definantly be changing my 440's to my 550's.

I have some ways to go but it has definantly come a long way. After everything has been put back together and gets my seal of approval I will continue my thread write up along with all the wiring and credits to all who have helped me. Thats it so far. Oh, If the block is too far gone I might put a 2jzge bottom end on, who knows.