progress pics yoooo

mk3some

Dec 27, 2005
buffalo
whats up people, i may as well start with the backround of where this POOPRA came from..
Once apon a time, there was this lonely grey sports car. This car was not only dying to be driven but soooo far from home and very lonely. This poor thing had arizona liscence plates on it and boy did the faded paint and torn up interior back that up...now at this time i was only 16 years old and knew absolutely nothing about cars really, i knew that i didn't mind workin on 'em but that was about it...now do u think i had any clue what i had found?!? hell no...I must be a lucky bastard to have stumbled on this gem especially considering how much i paid for it...........so anyways the story continues with me running this poorly takin care off vehicle into the ground and blowing the shit out of the head gasket (what a SUPRAise huh?) ...Now its been a good year and a half since ive driven the car and this past winter i decided to rebuild the motor so i could get this thing back on the road... heres some pics to give a hint as to what im workin on here..

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

interior was shottie so full remodel is actually in progress
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

now for the yummmmmmmyyyy part! Well my boy skrapper and I were rippin stuff apart in the trunk area and made a small discovery.very minor.lol.this is a look at the spare tire chamber...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

toyota was thinkin ahead when they built this car, they must have known that someday I would find gallons of nasty brew in the trunk, there was drain plugs in the floor, how cool...heres a shot of the koolaid trying to mimic tha niagra falls...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Thats all i have for now but ill be postin some pics of the finished result hopefully within the nexxt few weeks!
-JKLENKS
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

mk3some

Dec 27, 2005
buffalo
yea thats what i get for leavin 4 frikkin feet of snow on the hatch and roof to thaw from the winter time.....wtf....its all better now though

N

NDBoost

garage space FTW!

oh yeah and OMG i have that flourescent hand held workshop light in my garage too!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Wow brings back memories!!! Mine was worse. My bet if you had water in the spare tire pull the rear side pannells and I bet water is sitting inside the rear quarters. Ebay and sm are your friends for parts. Goodluck!!!

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
da89soup said:
Wow brings back memories!!! Mine was worse. My bet if you had water in the spare tire pull the rear side pannells and I bet water is sitting inside the rear quarters. Ebay and sm are your friends for parts. Goodluck!!!

How would you get the water out of the rear quarters??? other than throwing in some rags to soak it up....What would you use to prevent further rusting??

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
black87turbo said:
How would you get the water out of the rear quarters??? other than throwing in some rags to soak it up....What would you use to prevent further rusting??

Soak it up, Drill a few small holes, Blow dry it. They make a spray on rust stopper taht will prevent further rust if it is not too bad. Other than that

Cut It Out!:nono:

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
jawsgear said:
Soak it up, Drill a few small holes, Blow dry it. They make a spray on rust stopper taht will prevent further rust if it is not too bad. Other than that

Cut It Out!:nono:

Thanks man, when i got my car the right tail light gasket was non existant and apparently the car just stood there for about 3 years or so, The rest of it is not bad at all but that right rear quarter has been buggin the shit of me... i've been spraying wd-40 in there periodically, i dont think it does a whole of alot though.... so thanks man i will have to try that.

mk3some

Dec 27, 2005
buffalo
blackout_89t said:
Tim hortons!

car looks to be coming along nicely.
tim hortons is like liquid crack my canadian friend....and sorry to say but BLO sabres kick ass, especially in toronto!!!!!! lol