Programmable wideband?

Apr 1, 2005
WA
are you thinking of the AEM UEGO? it has both wideband and narrowband outputs and i remember someone saying they were using it as their sole O2 sensor, outputing it to the stock ecu.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I don't think so - many widebands have a narrowband output, but what I was looking at was a programmable narrowband output.

The idea was, as our ECU adjusts fuel delivery in closed loop mostly based on input from the O2 sensor, that this would allow us to adjust what the ECU sees and hopefully get the car running leaner while in closed loop.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
GrimJack said:
I don't think so - many widebands have a narrowband output, but what I was looking at was a programmable narrowband output.

The idea was, as our ECU adjusts fuel delivery in closed loop mostly based on input from the O2 sensor, that this would allow us to adjust what the ECU sees and hopefully get the car running leaner while in closed loop.

exactly...and that one i posted has programmable narrowband 5 volt outputs...

pretty cool stuff...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ideal is confused about his own link. :)

The narrowband output is 1v on this.

A synthesised narrowband (NB) voltage is produced by the onboard microcontroller using a 10 bit A/D converter (10 bit PWM converter with single pole filter), and a 63 word lookup table (with linear interpolation).

The NB output is designed to be compatible with the raw output of a Bosch LSM-11 sensor. Refer to this eXcel spreadsheet (mentioned above) for a graph of NBsim vs AFR.

afrnb.gif