ProEFI Interest?

2yoduhJZ

Nov 3, 2008
In a intercooler pipe at 8.5psi
figgie;1177308 said:
I am well aware of the adaptive algorithm used by Siemens, Delphi, Bosch, NipponDenso in thier OEM ecu and as such in most GM, Ford, BMW, Daimler, VW AG etc. ND has been using "autolearn" since at least 1987 in our cars! They have to as no two engines, regardless if it is the same model and everything will have the exact same values.

To you it might not be beta. But I can assure you from any software development person/manufacture/project lifecyle, it is infact squarely within the Beta phase of it's lifecycle.

Power is only half the story. Otherwise by your narrow view of "top notch" we should put the Accel DFI, BigStuff, Tec3, Microtech, VEMS etc in that grouping since they all make big power with little time slips to prove it.

It takes a heck of a lot more than the "ultimate powah" mentality to convince me that an EMS is worth dick. I have seen great computers (regarldess if it is PC or other embeded system) run like complete garbage or do things it is not supposed to due to coding. Garbage in, Garbage out.
Granted Jason has help in the form of Matlab but not even that program is perfect. After all it was created by a group of people to try and get good repeatable code out the door. Like any other compiler, it is only as good as the instructions given to it.

Again, I have had the opportunity to correct Jason Siebel on EMS theory which coincindently, he was adamant about his stance which he was wrong on, which also happened to be contradictory to Bosch Motorsports DE and Australia, Magnetti Marelli and just about every single Race EMS manufacture out there. (SF, search for MAP and BARO, quite comical to see his response. my id is the same as here).

I hope he has people hired for support because again, the best hardware in the world does not mean shit if the support infrastructure is non-existant (ie call and leave a message is not going to cut it) that is a sure fire way to alienate customers.

The day that I can put an EMS in ANY car and it automatically adjust for everything is the day that I will be impressed. Until then it is just a set of parameters that are programmed into the computer to adjust certain variables which is no different than O2 feedback control set at ±15% authority instead of ±100% authority. ;)

I understand.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Red '88T;1177153 said:
My buddy has been using the proEFI on his MK3 now for 5 weeks with impressive results. I've been convinced & will be making the switch in the near future.

Jason - AZ

2yoduhJZ;1177167 said:
Can you tell him to post his results here? I think everyone would like to know.

He isnt an active poster on this forum but Ill see if I can bring him in and see what he can bring to this thread but from what I've seen its an outstanding unit...

b00stin87t

Jun 28, 2007
T.O.
John Reed;938512 said:
You will however, with this unit, be able to run 6 coil direct fire ignition (you could use a Mk4 igniter and coils with no additional hardware).

Does anyone have wire diagram on how to hook up the MK4 Ignitor and coils to the Mk3 wiring.

Thanks..