Proefi 48

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
I know a few people are using them on there mk3s but I wanted to know what they are doing about knock control/monitoring. I know the 48 doesn't have knock control but does it have monitoring capabilities that maybe throw a check engine light when knock is detected? This is the only thing holding me back from buying this.

mark1987supra

work in progress
May 26, 2008
Des Moines
If you can afford one buy a 128 ecu!!! There are so many more capabilities to the 128. Also a couple of good dealers to deal with around you. Talk to Devin at DKT performance locally about the system, also dont forget that Sound Performance is about a 6 hour drive from you and are one of the premiere tuners and installers of Proefi. Larry and Reid will be more familiar with our platforms and exact requirements. (Both dealt with me and are familiar with our chassis and different engine swap options.) But Devin is also a great guy to deal with (out sources tuning).

They installed and tuned mine in 2012.

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Yea I called SP, figuring I could leave early am drop it to them then get a hotel room and leave the next day. However I was told that they would need the car for several days. Ill look into DKT never heard of them before. I know there is a place in Sioux city and Kc. The 128 just seems like more then I need. At this time I don't care about flex fuel or traction control. But it would be nice to have knock control.