Problems...

turbulance_cressida

Sep 28, 2006
brooklyn,ny
My car won't roll in neutral or in gear..

Its a r154 with a stock jz flywheel and a act 6 puck unsprung disk.

I've had a friend turn the crank from up front and I can see everything spins good without fork.. now with the fork only hub stays firm. The fork has a lot of play to the point were I can move it back and forth with no problem is that right?? When the fork is in I can push on it and I'll see the pp releasing just a little.. I don't have the power to push it that much. Oh also before motor n tranny was dropped in everything was moving good until it went in the car and driveshaft was install.

Remember slave isn't installed yet..

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Does the car move with the fork out?

Pretty sure the unsprung act 6 puck only takes like 1in to engage and disengage fully.

Also car going to be pretty hard to move in gear. Should be easy to push in neutral tho.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
If you cannot roll your car in neutral, either you're in gear or your brakes are locked up.

If you are in neutral, the rear end should move. You should also be able to turn the rear wheels. If you can't, disconnect the driveshaft and see if the wheels can spin, if they do, the transmission is not in neutral.

I see you are in Brooklyn and I could lend a hand but every time I go to Brooklyn I get looked at funny, probably because I am brown, so I avoid it.

turbulance_cressida

Sep 28, 2006
brooklyn,ny
LOL^^^ I jacked up the rear and both rear wheels move but driveshaft doesn't move even when in neutral. But when I drop the car its stiff as hell don't wanna f*cking move.

turbulance_cressida

Sep 28, 2006
brooklyn,ny
ok.. I drop the tranny and its going in gear but both ends of the tranny ain't moving. But when in neutral the front moves but the back doesn't.. so i'm going to take it to a shop tomorrow to open it up and see what was moved.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The input shaft should move. I can put any gearbox I rebuild in gear on the floor and I better be able to turn it by hand, if not, something is wrong.