problem with greddy turbo timer

supradrifter

JDM TYTE Dorifto spec!!
Mar 30, 2005
Spotsylvania, VA.
hey all, ive been having this problem with my greddy turbo timer for some time now, it just decided one day that it didnt want to keep my car running anymore. i set the time i want it to run to and when the ignition is turned off, the turbo timer turns off too. ive checked all the wires and everything is plugged in and tight. anyone ever had this problem? if anyone has any ideas it would make my day, thanks

supradrifter

JDM TYTE Dorifto spec!!
Mar 30, 2005
Spotsylvania, VA.
starting to think that its a problem with the box itself, after running through some more stuff with it today. its not functioning exactly how it is supposed to in more than one way. ill keep everyone posted on it.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Make sure your turbo timer e-brake wire is connected securely to the car's e-brake wire, or grounded securely. In fact unplug and plug all the harnesses back and make sure they're all snugly in.

supradrifter

JDM TYTE Dorifto spec!!
Mar 30, 2005
Spotsylvania, VA.
bishop, i ran through all the wires and everything is connected and tight. ebrake wire is a check. i emailed Greddy yesterday and asked if i can get a return on a defective TT but i havent heard anything back yet. we'll see how that goes....

JoeThaMan

*THE* Man
Apr 10, 2005
www.jtm-enterprises.net
I think mine just went tits up. I've had it for about 5 years, though. It just started this last saturday after an extremely hot couple of days. I turn the ignition off and it would start counting down, then I would open the door and it would turn off during mid-countdown. After doing it a couple times it would work okay, but when I closed the door, it would turn off. So, after trying it a few more times, I tapped the timer during count down and it would turn off. So, any kind of vibration or shock would turn it off. Now, occasionally, it will just turn off when I turn the key off. So, i think it's just time to get a new one, or maybe I'll pull it apart and see how it operates, and possibly fix it, but they're cheap enough I'll probably just replace it.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Mine likes to turn itself off and then back on at full throttle or low RPM take offs sometimes...........damn wierd. Then again, my ebrake wires are still loose, too damn lazy to hook em up.

supradrifter

JDM TYTE Dorifto spec!!
Mar 30, 2005
Spotsylvania, VA.
AHHH this is soo gay, i stil havent heard anything back from Greddy, but no i didnt try grounding that wire, im just soo set that its the main unit, now sometimes when i cut the car off, it makes a buzz noise for like 1 sec. then it cuts off. i mean, i could understand if i was in Joe's shoes and had it for 5 years, but 4 months?!?! and guess what else, i had the car out last night and guess what i heard? ROD KNOCK! piece of sh*t i guess its time to just rebuild everything and get it over with. how fortunate........