problem with cooling system?

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
when i rev the car high or get into some high revs while driving i get 'fog' or 'steam' on the windshield like out of the defroster vents....

what could this be a small coolant leak?? i also smell burnt coolant occasinally but i never overheat or come close

any help??

john

bhgmaster

Mar 17, 2006
so cal
check the coolant lines behind the dash thats going into the heater core... i had a small leak aznd didnt catch it in time and thats what caused my last bhg :( good luck and get it fixed ASAP...

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
At the rear of your head there's 2 hoses one going to the heater core and the second one returning to the engine coolant lines simply disconnect those 2 hoses and connect them together so you'll bypass the heater core and you will loose the heat but loosing heat is much better than overheating(BHG) also check TSRM to see exactly where those 2 hoses are located.

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
i have removed/installed the head so i am firmiliar with these hoses

this will have no effect on the eniges behavior?? as i may do this as a temp fix untill i figure out if it's the heater core or a hose[if its a hose id rather replace it and get my heat back ;) ]

john