Problem with an older PowerMac g4 + airport

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Throwing this out there incase there's any mac guys familiar with the slightly older stuff. Working on a friends g4 tower AGP graphics all stock.

Trying to install an airport card(Not Extreme), with the card installed it would not boot at all, powers on and chimes then that's it. Card is installed correct it only fits one way, antenna is plugged in. I get No grey screen in fact no monitor signal at all, can't boot to safe mode or SU mode, can't zap PRAM. Can force power down.

Without the airport card installed I zapped the PRAM, CUDA, repaired disk permissions and ran software updates.

I checked the pins on the airport socket, one was bent down and hitting below the pin hole on the card. I bent the pin back in place thinking that was the issue and still no change. I put the airport card into my g4(basically the exact same tower) and the airport card functions just fine.

I am wondering if the pin being bent damaged it. When I bent it back in place it was stiff and not broken. I can't see under the board if anything is out of whack there.