problem bosting....need help!

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
Alright guys i have and 87 supra turbo, auto. I just want to run 10psi as its my daily driver. Yesterday i installed icp, cooleeze dp,tp,ex. sys. and shim the wastegate with two 9 3/8mm washer on each bolt. I went for a test drive and i floor it and when i hit about 85~90mph i seem to hit fuel cut or something and the check engine went on. Im only hitting .6 bar. I need help with knowing whats wrong.

thanx

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
mk3supraoz said:
Alright guys i have and 87 supra turbo, auto. I just want to run 10psi as its my daily driver. Yesterday i installed icp, cooleeze dp,tp,ex. sys. and shim the wastegate with two 9 3/8mm washer on each bolt. I went for a test drive and i floor it and when i hit about 85~90mph i seem to hit fuel cut or something and the check engine went on. Im only hitting .6 bar. I need help with knowing whats wrong.

thanx

I hit fuel cut at 10psi on cool days. so hitting it at 9 doesnt seem uncommon to me. What to do? turn the boost controller back down a little bit or get an FCD and hope youre ok, or get to putting 550s and a lex afm on there.

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
ArmandoP said:
I hit fuel cut at 10psi on cool days. so hitting it at 9 doesnt seem uncommon to me. What to do? turn the boost controller back down a little bit or get an FCD and hope youre ok, or get to putting 550s and a lex afm on there.

what kind of gauge are you using? the stock one is horribly inaccurate
consider running smaller shims or getting a boost controller.