problem after car has been sitting

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
Every morning(or anytime after its been sitting for more that 2.5hrs) i have to warm it up 5-10 minutes to get the idle to 600 and to make sure my A340 doesnt cry like a baby. So i got out everytime after its been sitting and let it warm up, when it finally gets to operating idle and almost operating temp by that time i put it in drive. it dies EVERY time at least once, it just boggs down and shuts off. I start it back up, or if i see it coming(it dying), i rev it to about 4500 twice quickly and it will run fine for the rest of the trip. I have nothing to base this theory on but i think it's a fuel issue, it smells strongly of fuel every time this happens, and last time i dynoed my car it was below 10.0 AFRs at times. The car also idles at 1000 for about 5 seconds after i have been driving it and the pull up to a stop light, not really an issue, just weird.

car is becoming my most unfavorite bastard child.

UPDATED PROBLEM FEW POSTS DOWN.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I will think about it in the morning, if somebody else doesn't first. For a moment I thought your converter might be locked.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
totally let this thread die without getting an answer, i will have to check the 02 sensor on sat. my day off.

Nick:
Code 14
Code 71

On a side note, raced a Mustang today and and after i beat him, i pull up to a light and make my turn, driving sane again and the car starts puking black smoke and dies when i let off.....Okay so i think to myself, i just blew off a intercooler hose, gay. I check all my couplers, nothing visible, so i start the car back up and it runs fine the rest of the day, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
johnathan1 said:
Check wiring to Igniter and Coil Packs, and check the EGR valve...amybe it needs cleaning?

That's where I would start...

wiring looks all gravy to me, looked it all over......and the EGR valve is goin anyways(no this does not need to become an argument about that.)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
89Turbo said:
elaborate?

When a car cools off, it can built up water. Its not much but sometimes when it has been sitting it can stumble a little bit. AKA water mixxing with the fuel. Normally this only happens in the winter time though.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
D34DC311 said:
When a car cools off, it can built up water. Its not much but sometimes when it has been sitting it can stumble a little bit. AKA water mixxing with the fuel. Normally this only happens in the winter time though.

remedies?