Probe Pistons?

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
Is there anything wrong with these pistons?
The reason im asking because lately I have been seeing them alot in the for sale section here.

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
yeah, if you install them your car will explode instantly... so if you have any, you should sell them to me for $50 shipped a set

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
selfinfliction;1074327 said:
yeah, if you install them your car will blow up instantly... before cranking it over. so if you have any, you should sell them to me for $50 a set

and the point of that was????

if you search around, theres an entire thread made by Doward? on the probe pistons, he talks about them. There a forged piston, much like the others. People are selling because they cant afford to do it the right way. machining costs a lot, and with the gas prices we have these days, you have to put stuff into certain catagories...

and yes, i have a set myself. if your looking to buy some, i would say go for it, but understand theres a bit of $$$$ that comes with forged pistons.

Here ya go, read up.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53469

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
These are relatively new, and there was a group buy organized to get the initial run completed. So, there are a fair number of them floating around, and as people wreck their cars, run out of money, or whatever, they will appear on the market.

As for something actually *wrong* with them, well, as I pointed out, they are relatively new, so you're unlikely to find any long term testimonials for a while yet.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Just had them installed (.040 over) in my 7m. Haven't started it up yet but my engine builder said they fit good, look good, and quilty is right up there with the best :thumbup:. He was surprised :aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo: when I told him the price and how affordable they were.

I think people are selling theres because they dont have or ran out of the extra $$$$ to rebuild there engines, and pay for the machine work.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Many people just bought them because of the great initial price during the "group buy" Does not mean that they ever intended to use them. Hell, I bought 10 set just because of the price and never used one set. Sold them all. Does not mean that anything is wrong with them, just that there is a lot of un-used sets floating around.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
listen guys, no disrespect. I am looking to either finish my build with these pistons or go 2jzge. More than anybody I need to know what alot of u guys think of these pistons just from there general makeup. I am looking for 700hp. I already have the eagles and a small but important list of things to make these numbers. I will sell all if it makes more sense to me. So plesae add any info if neccesary.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
turbodriz;1074851 said:
listen guys, no disrespect. I am looking to either finish my build with these pistons or go 2jzge. More than anybody I need to know what alot of u guys think of these pistons just from there general makeup. I am looking for 700hp. I already have the eagles and a small but important list of things to make these numbers. I will sell all if it makes more sense to me. So plesae add any info if neccesary.

They will most likely hold the power you are wanting, the determining factor to how long the motor lasts is how well you built it, how close you payed attention to the fine details, and how well you have the motor tuned.

These pistons are light like JE's and have a crown similar to a CP IIRC.