Prices for shop installed 2JZ?

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
I talked to a shop about installing a 2JZ in my MKIII. They quoted me $2500 for the labor. I just need to supplies the parts. How does this sound? Should I look for another shop? This shop does good work with 2JZ's and very familar with the 2JZ.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
Tearlessj said:
I talked to a shop about installing a 2JZ in my MKIII. They quoted me $2500 for the labor. I just need to supplies the parts. How does this sound? Should I look for another shop? This shop does good work with 2JZ's and very familar with the 2JZ.

i'd do it myself with some good buddies but ne ways...
is the motor being dropped with tranny?
wriring done? etc etc.
what labor needs to be done when dropped?
seems like a good deal... just not sure cuz i dont know what needs to be done.

Last edited:

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
Thats for the labor/mounts/ and wiring. I need to supply the:

2JZ Motorset
1JZ Bell Housing
7mGTE TURBO transmission (R154)
7mGTE Driveshaft with yoke

Price also includes removing my old motor.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
That's not a bad price if it includes the wiring. You need to make sure and spell out everything you expect when they are done. I would for sure get a written estimate with the breakdown. That way you and them have the same expectancies.

If they've not done one of these swaps before, they may not realize the difficulty/expense, 'til they're knee-deep in it.

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
This shop is currently doing a MKIII 2jz rite now. They work mainly with 2JZ's and 2JZ swaps for 240sx. I think i am going to do this. :biglaugh:

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
If they have experience, that doesn't sound too bad at all. Really, if it was me I'd do it on my own or with some friends, but if you don't have the experience, time, or a place to do it, yeah, that sounds like an alright deal. Also, if they are in the habit of doing 2JZ swaps, it doesn't sound like they are the type of place that would say "Well, we need more money for this and this because we didn't know we would need that to complete it".
Remember though - 99% chance you will be getting a J-Spec 2JZ. Contrary to popular belief, J-Spec is not always better, and is especially true in the case of 2JZs. If you are content with stock or slightly elevated horsepower [or you plan on sinking more money in later to upgrade fuel, airflow and management], it will do you right, but remember that you will not be able to get max power with a standard 2JZ BPU[+++ etc..] kit, because the J-Spec turbos, cams and injectors won't flow or support it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I wish you would have posted this sooner. I live in Alabama and am doing my 1jz swap myself because nobody around here will touch it. I would have went with a 2jz in a heartbeat for that price. Good luck.

89toy

Banned
Nov 10, 2006
10,000 lakes
From the looks of it if all of that is included its worth it. I would prefer doing it myself though! Why for the experience and knowledge and of all else free labor. Did mine myself, two weeks later and i had a American JZA70 learned alot too along the way. The toughest is just the wiring it just takes to much time but it was all worth it in the end. When i first got it up this rx7 twinturbo thought he was bad ass on the freeway so what did i do i SMOKED his ass like nothing.

1fastsupra

Nov 24, 2005
ft lauderdale
mrsuprafreak said:
I paid 1500.00 for my 2jz swap but they charge 2000.00 now! That's in South Flordia which does you no good.

Mark
this is just labor i hope........2000 is about average,how much longer before your car is done mark?

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
1fastsupra said:
this is just labor i hope........2000 is about average,how much longer before your car is done mark?

Yeah, this was the labor price that I paid and I know now they charge 2000 or so for swaps. My car should be done before the end of Jan.

s14eva1

Sep 28, 2006
SFL
Oh ok....if they are who I think they are(to many shops down here):icon_conf

I've heard very good things about them,they did a 1jz swap on my buddies S14(240sx)http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2260807 a while back and recently just completed his new 1jz SC300

I'm gonna have to get in contact with them for my 1JZ 240sx swap if things dont fall through with the guy I'm going with now

1fastsupra

Nov 24, 2005
ft lauderdale
i think you guys are talking about two different neil's.........mark is talking about c&n performance of where his supra is being built and s14eva1 is talking about another guy also by the name neil aka (whitey) of whom did the 1jz swap into the s14 (very nice by the way),both shops are located approx 5miles of each other...........

Jun 5, 2006
charlotte, nc
1fastsupra said:
i think you guys are talking about two different neil's.........mark is talking about c&n performance of where his supra is being built and s14eva1 is talking about another guy also by the name neil aka (whitey) of whom did the 1jz swap into the s14 (very nice by the way),both shops are located approx 5miles of each other...........
I just spoke with TitanMotorsports, and they also told me about Neil from CN performance, they are a top shop for swaps from what i've been told in the past two days. just some food for thought!