prices... FIPK?

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
is there anywhere i can get one for under 100 bucks? seriously, it's just a damn filter and MAF adaptor, but every site wants like $130 for the kit. how much did everyone pay for theirs?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
i have used both K&N FIPK for $110 on my 87 turbo and a ebay special For $20 on my 89 turbo. both worked and fit great, If it was me i spend the $20 on the ebay intake and save the other $90 for some other go fast goodies. just my 2 cents

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
BlackMKIII said:
130 is reasonable for K&N. You get what you pay for.

well i'm not sayin it's not worth the money, it's just kinda spendy cuz i'm po'. hahaha nice display picture btw.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Don't buy one. K&N isn't even close to the best filter out there.

Get a Blitz or AEM dryflow.

Take the extra money and buy a MAFT from full throttle and a MAF off ebay. Use the MAF to join the end of the accordion hose to the filter.

Now you have the best filter out there, a fuel tuning device, and a better air measuring device.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
92nsx said:
i have used both K&N FIPK for $110 on my 87 turbo and a ebay special For $20 on my 89 turbo. both worked and fit great, If it was me i spend the $20 on the ebay intake and save the other $90 for some other go fast goodies. just my 2 cents

exactly. an intake's an intake. i'm just gonna get the $25 adaptor with the $25 double cone filter from 935.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
I dont see no point in saving in such critical element. I wouldnt risk my engine and turbo to save some pennies... Just do it right from the beginning.
I'm using K&N myself thou I would recomand this filter system.

And here is a test to back up these filters ;)

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
ViR2 said:
I dont see no point in saving in such critical element. I wouldnt risk my engine and turbo to save some pennies... Just do it right from the beginning.
I'm using K&N myself thou I would recomand this filter system.

And here is a test to back up these filters ;)

i just read up on the Apexi deal, and that sounds really good. the filter's shaped like a reversed cone/double cone... is that how it is or is there just plastic there goin into the middle? the 935 adaptor and "double cone" filter is only 50 bucks for the setup although i don't know how good the filtering would be for that cheap. thanks for the info, i'll go found out more about the Apexi system. does it come with an adaptor, and how big is the filter's diameter, 3"?

Last edited:

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
GrimJack said:

Take the extra money and buy a MAFT from full throttle and a MAF off ebay. Use the MAF to join the end of the accordion hose to the filter.

Now you have the best filter out there, a fuel tuning device, and a better air measuring device.

the extra 80 bucks or so? good call. :sarcasm: haha i'm just gonna stick with an Apex for now, and then yeah i'm definitely goin for the maft.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
GrimJack said:

if you want to talk about best filters throw away the blitz, its apexi and k&n that are on top, only thing worse then a blitz is a HKS, and that doesnt say much.....

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
blitz makes a dry flow (not the SUS) that's pretty good...

I just installed my Apexi and I'm very happy with it. The adapter is NOT some cheap plastic part, it's cast aluminum and very well made.

Dunno if it was on this forum or the other one, but some guy had one of the ebay filters get sucked into his turbo...

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Poodles said:
blitz makes a dry flow (not the SUS) that's pretty good...

I just installed my Apexi and I'm very happy with it. The adapter is NOT some cheap plastic part, it's cast aluminum and very well made.

Dunno if it was on this forum or the other one, but some guy had one of the ebay filters get sucked into his turbo...

For the record that was an Hong Kong Shit super mega flow.....

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
GrimJack said:

:word8kn: