pretty good for stock

jon_570

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
Quin. motor has never been rebuilt. just had a new HG put one about 1000 miles ago.. OEM toyota HG.

cyroslash.. ithe dyno has the option but i wasnt using the af gauge on these runs.. if i get it on the dyno tonight ill try and hook the AF gauge upto it.

for everyone who says nice car.. thank you... for everyone callin BS... its not bs.. motor is not rebuilt. everything stock except the k and n drop in.

jon_570

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
cant get my 3 inch pipe today but ima hack the exhaust off.. run a stock DP.. stock elbow and first cat and a little more after that.. but second cat and on is gettin cut off..

jon_570

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
^ as long as i can get a chance on the dyno..someone else has been dynoing their cavalier gotta wait for them to do

jon_570

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
i go to Wyotech.. and i currently in High performance powertrains.. someone put a 3.4 in their cavalier that had a 2.2 and the 3400 is on nitrous. we have 2 dynos. a superflow and a dynojet. the superflow is crap and the cavy has been on the dyno for the past 2 days getting tuned..so ill have to wait till class and see if i can get the car strapped down.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Quin;931123 said:
Um, no? This is a turbo motor dude, you do NOT want and you definitely do NOT need back pressure.

Not quite true.

You do need backpressure in a turbo car to make it driveable when not boosting, BUT the turbo provides all of the backpressure you'll need. Everything after the turbocharger is free game ;).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
gofastgeorge;931115 said:
You may make less power with the big exhaust,
unless you richen the fuel map up.

Reason:
Less backpressure makes for less residual exhaust in the combustion chamber.
This means more fresh air for the set amount of fuel that the ECU is giving the engine.
And this means a LEANER mixture.
This is why there are so many rumors about 'needing back pressure'.
So be prepared to add more fuel (an APEX S-AFC works good).

You are definetly on to something here. Especially with some of the jokers here. A turbo car is differen than natuarally aspirated.

Pressure always tries to equalize. So no pressure in the exhaust, helps that heat(pressure) expand over the turbine, drving it.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
gofastgeorge;931115 said:
You may make less power with the big exhaust,
unless you richen the fuel map up.

Reason:
Less backpressure makes for less residual exhaust in the combustion chamber.
This means more fresh air for the set amount of fuel that the ECU is giving the engine.
And this means a LEANER mixture.
This is why there are so many rumors about 'needing back pressure'.
So be prepared to add more fuel (an APEX S-AFC works good).

yeah so just to reiterate, this guy is very misinformed.

turbo charged cars do not need ANY back pressure after the turbo.

jon_570

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
didnt get any dyno time today.. cavalier was on it the whole time.. hopefully sometime next week ill get a chance to get on it.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
starscream5000;931304 said:
Not quite true.

You do need backpressure in a turbo car to make it driveable when not boosting, BUT the turbo provides all of the backpressure you'll need. Everything after the turbocharger is free game ;).

My bad, I didn't make that clear. I meant after the turbo