Predictions: Pacqiuao vs DeLa Hoya

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Congrats to Manny Pacquiao. Dela Hoya didn't know what to do with MP even in the beginning of the round. He's done ... retirement is next for him. :naughty:

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Well, obviously Pacquiao had a lot more invested in this fight than De La Hoya did. But, for all the hype my Filipino friends were giving me I was a little disappointed. Sure it was kinda neat how the underdog won the fight. But, as one of the commentators said, there was only one great fighter in the ring and the fight was not really that great, not worth the PPV money for any non-fan probably.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
OneJSupra;1197320 said:
I take Manny Pacquiao will have his hands full with Dela Hoya but in the end he will come out the WINNER !

I was afraid that Oscar would knock Manny out...on the contrary all Oscar had all night was a handful of fists onto his face!

slidebabyslide;1197416 said:
people knew it was just for publicity....

Bad publicity for Oscar. IMO, even worse for the sport of boxing, with Oscar quitting.

I don't blame Oscar; he already made his $20 million, so why risk further injuries from getting beat up some more.

bowsercake;1197450 said:
...as one of the commentators said, there was only one great fighter in the ring and the fight was not really that great, not worth the PPV money for any non-fan probably.
It didn't turn out to be a fight. Just a straight out beat down of Oscar.

empera;1197461 said:
oscar threw the fight...

Threw the fight?

I think you meant "threw in the towel" so that he could stop the beat down.

Last edited: