PRE Race 2000 Mustang punk-out

I'm just driving in my newly purchased 1989 Turbo Targa Auto, crusing with a friend and we noticed this graphite mustang following us. So I speed up a little and we clear all traffic for at least 300ft in both directions. The mustang pulls up on my passenger side and revs he V8 looking at my passenger. It's an older 'gentlemen' with his wife. So i just doped back a little, spooled up, and boost popped (BOV :p) in his driver window. He just hit his brakes and left us alone the rest of the way.

Not exactly a kill but he bitched out pretty damn hard for just hearing a BOV haha.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
RogueSteel;1503413 said:
I'm just driving in my newly purchased 1989 Turbo Targa Auto, crusing with a friend and we noticed this graphite mustang following us. So I speed up a little and we clear all traffic for at least 300ft in both directions. The mustang pulls up on my passenger side and revs he V8 looking at my passenger. It's an older 'gentlemen' with his wife. So i just doped back a little, spooled up, and boost popped (BOV :p) in his driver window. He just hit his brakes and left us alone the rest of the way.

Not exactly a kill but he bitched out pretty damn hard for just hearing a BOV haha.

Probably thought you were a total fuckwit behaving like that....

I'm into fast cars and would have thought the same (and have done) if a kid pulled that shit next to me.

He's a man with his wife, not everyone with a "sports car" is a racer grow up.

I could see that, if he hadn't down the same thing (minus BOV) there was eye contact made w/ the simultaneous rev/acceleration next to me, AFTER making an obvious attempt to tail me and get along side me.

It's not like it was "OOO There's a mustang lets fuck with it!"

But I do see what your saying.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ.;1503423 said:
Probably thought you were a total fuckwit behaving like that....

I'm into fast cars and would have thought the same (and have done) if a kid pulled that shit next to me.

He's a man with his wife, not everyone with a "sports car" is a racer grow up.

Wanting to sell ian reading comprehension...you must have been drinking...lol
He said the Rustang reved at him first

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
SupraMario;1503635 said:
Wanting to sell ian reading comprehension...you must have been drinking...lol
He said the Rustang reved at him first

Guy might have just been trying to catch up for a look and fucked up missing a gear...

Old guys are usually smart enough not to play ricer games unless they are 99% sure of winning, the instant back down doesn't point to this being the case.

NOT EVERYONE IS A RACER...

And not everything is a "race"

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Moy;1503703 said:
Ian must be in a bad mood today... :: IJ. ::

I think 'today' is a bit of an understatement.

OP: if it was intentional, thats pretty funny. I guess we'll never know. A lot of people out there commonly mistake what appear to be obvious signs of aggression towards them. Ill just take your word for it and laugh as i've experienced this several times myself. Who knows, maybe his wife yelled at him, haha. These situations are mostly 'who's got a bigger dick' or 'whadya got running in that thing'. Either way, normally they deserve a laugh or smile of acknowledgement.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
IwantMKIII;1503723 said:
I think 'today' is a bit of an understatement.

OP: if it was intentional, thats pretty funny. I guess we'll never know. A lot of people out there commonly mistake what appear to be obvious signs of aggression towards them. Ill just take your word for it and laugh as i've experienced this several times myself. Who knows, maybe his wife yelled at him, haha. These situations are mostly 'who's got a bigger dick' or 'whadya got running in that thing'. Either way, normally they deserve a laugh or smile of acknowledgement.

My point exactly.....

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
Fuzz420;1503701 said:
Learned something new today, reving and staring at the passenger doesnt mean race. I would have never thunk it. Next time im reved at and stared down, ill make sure i slam on the brakes to let the other car i dont want any :rolleyes:

Good Kill

haha no shit right, i woulda done the same thing man no worries

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
DreamerTheresa;1505919 said:
What the hell, man? I don't want it in Off Topic. Put it in OTHER CARS, you wanker.

It had a Supra in it :p

BHG in
countdown.gif