pre 89 question

supradupra1990

Jul 18, 2005
Union City
a 87 turbo is for sale for 2400 i could probly get it for 22 ...if im lucky 2000..anyway i love the way the 89 plus models look like ..whats your opinion should i get the 87 and make it look like a 89 plus or just wait and look for a good 89 plus ..this 87 is the best turbo i found in a long time and is in great cond all the other turbos are either automatic or in really bad shape ..

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
if i were you, id hold out for what i wanted.
or if u have plenty of cash goahead and get it then transform it to what u want.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
heh, keep the pre '89 front end, and get the 89+ tails = the hotness, add in a hatch visor, and that = sex (no spoiler though!)

-shaeff

Mob

May 17, 2005
Dayton, Ohio
shaeff said:
heh, keep the pre '89 front end, and get the 89+ tails = the hotness, add in a hatch visor, and that = sex (no spoiler though!)

-shaeff

Agreed...in that particular process as we speak. Just need the hatch visor and to get it lowered properly.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ heh, here's my future setup, of which i have many of the parts already:

all black, including molding, gunmetal gray mkiv TT rims w/ polished lip, hatch visor, 89+ tails, euro power folding mirrors, and no antenna/rear wiper. rain guards for over the doors. :) already lowered.

still need: rain guards, 89+ tails and the mirrors...

-shaeff

Mob

May 17, 2005
Dayton, Ohio
shaeff said:
^ heh, here's my future setup, of which i have many of the parts already:

all black, including molding, gunmetal gray mkiv TT rims w/ polished lip, hatch visor, 89+ tails, euro power folding mirrors, and no antenna/rear wiper. rain guards for over the doors. :) already lowered.

still need: rain guards, 89+ tails and the mirrors...

-shaeff

Should be a beauty :biglaugh:

Great minds share good taste it seems.

Have a set of 89+tails in fair condition that I don't need (have a set installed on the car), unfortunately discovered I don't have the white backing that holds the bulbs.

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
A conversion is quite a bit of money, especially if ur comparing prices on buying a supra. Tails, trim, and wing are all ~$150 each, and a front bumper could probably be had for ~$100. That's already $550, the money adds up quick, and those prices are quite low.