PPS connector. Where in the world is the body plug?

Ok, I've had this problem for a long time, but figured I'd be able to solve it once I took my engine out and had clear access to the entire bay. I can't find the body side plug for the proportional power steering! :nono:

I've got the end that comes from the steering rack, but cannot for the life of me find the other plug that goes to the wiring harness anywhere. The TEWD's little wire connector location diagram shows it to be somewhere near the driver's side strut tower but I can't seem to find it there. If someone's got a picture of it lying around it would put an end to my misery. :icon_bigg

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
it should be in that bundle of wiring below the ignitor and fuse box (near the connection for the AUX fans and such)

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
i think that plug might be similar to another in the vicinity...check to make sure you didn't plug it in to something else...like the ABS sensor.

edit: nevermind, different plug.

Last edited:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
You sure your harness has it? is your car swapped?

edit: its on the engine harness.. not in the engine bay at all (besides the one on the rack).

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I'll correct myself...The TEWD shows that the wiring goes through the B3 plug, which also contains the wiring for the rear ABS sensor (in transmission), meaning the PPS plug is on the main engine wiring harness.

In other words, if you've got your engine and wiring harness out of the car, you won't be able to plug the PPS connector in...