powersteering+ other issues

5implejack

Mar 28, 2013
CT
so i got a few issues with my car.
1) brakes are still pretty soft and dont stop me that well, ive bled them multiple times. each time theyd improve slightly for a little while then theyd go soft again. a few days ago it basically went straight to the floor. just bled them now they stop like 2 inches before the floor
2)power steering is basically non functional. i drive 2 hours a day for school so this really sucks lol. in the morning its not as bad but its deffidently not working right. on the way home is pretty much not working the entire way. the fact that it works in the morning but not in the afternoon makes me think its something to do with temperature since its sitting in the sun for a couple hours. i recently tried bleeding it (full lock and running) not sure how to actually drain the fluid or if theres something else i can do to fix it.
3) how do i jump the a/c compressor? ive had to rewire everything to make it work and i havent gotten around to figuring out the ac so if someone just happens to know which wires to cross or whatever thatd be sweet

PS. if anyone wants to buy my supra make me a offer i need something better on gas its costing me $10 a day for school lol motor runs great not leaking and its got new kyb shocks

5implejack

Mar 28, 2013
CT
lol its my daily driver so and i dont feel like walking 45 miles to school and back again 4 days a week

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
1) you have a leak letting air into the system

2) your pump is not getting fluid

3) there's no reason to "jump" the ac clutch.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
Definitely have a leak somewhere in your brake system like Blacklash said. Check the T connector where they split to each rear wheel. Its in between the diff and gas tank, theyre pretty easy to check and see if you have any leaks. As far as the PS check the high pressure line. Mine was leaking so my pump was running on nothing, replaced the line with the one from driftmotion and havent had a problem since.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
5implejack;1964585 said:
lol its my daily driver so and i dont feel like walking 45 miles to school and back again 4 days a week
And you drive 45 miles each way four times a week (1440 miles/mo) with faulty brakes and steering, all the while worried more about your personal comfort with the lack of the A/C instead safety of others on the road.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, since he brought up brakes, steering and ac in THAT order, I'll cut him some slack.
Most common leak point in the brakes system in my experience, is a caliper or its hose. Easiest way to check this is to drop onto your belly, and look at the inside sidewall of each tire. If one looks wet, that's where to investigate further. If they all look dry, then I'd suggest checking the brake master cylinder.

5implejack

Mar 28, 2013
CT
theres no drops of fluid anywhere on the ground im gonna check the rims like supraguy said. and i wanted to jump the ac clutch because i press the ac button on the console it doesnt engage so i cant recharge it.
i also talked to a mechanic i know (who really wants my supra lol) he said its probably my PS pump since it ususally works in the morning when its cooler but after sitting out in the sun all day it gets harder to steer
and rakkasan the cars still completely drivable i bled the brakes the other day there a decent amount better. not perfect but better and most of that commute is under 30mph because of some asshole in a red celica who cant seem to find his accelerator and holds up traffic every day lol

5implejack

Mar 28, 2013
CT
just checked the t peice and rims nothing seemed wet. my boss also mentioned something about like a power or vacuum bleeder or something he uses thats fairly cheap and works really well i just couldnt find any for toyotas everything was either hondas or various domestic cars...anyone know where to buy one?