powersteering or no power steering

Status
Not open for further replies.

namkiii

Nov 3, 2006
midlothian tx
Please be sure to use the search button when looking for answers. The search button is our friend. This subject has been covered many times over.

Duane

im doing a 1j swap and i want it in and i can go with no powersteering for awhile just so i can be closer

what do yall think go ahead and put the powersteering or wait?

fstoy

Soon to be Evil Twin
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
No power steering here. Its only a PITA when trying to park in a parking slot.
I rarely park my car close to other cars for fear of door dings, so it no a problem for me.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Wanna be
vucut.gif
?
Then do it:icon_razz
I drive with a semi-power-steered wheel I guess. Something isn't working right, but it isn't like without it at all....

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Keep powersteering...

Some will say otherwise but I'll never understand it. It's only making things easier on you.

Ok, so maybe the parking lot is the only time you'll really need it alot. I don't know about you guys but I park my car everyday. :dunno:

namkiii

Nov 3, 2006
midlothian tx
it dosent have it but that means i got to get ps pump and house and so forth

and the muscle thing dosent bother im not a small guy

so does the 2jz pump work?

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
i took out my power steering when i did my big single build cause i never got around to relocateing my resivoiur. its not too bad, but i think ill be putting it back in soon. i just hate running hydrolic hose everywhere. ss braided lines would be nice, but they are expensive.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I went no ps for 3 weeks on my car because my high pressure line ruptured.:cry: I thought "well who needs it anyway" removed the belt and went on my way. It was ok during 10mph+ but slow driving was a pain! Our cars are heavy and need ps for comfort. I put a new hose on and said never again!:nono:

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Poodles said:
*insert typical rant of why you'd want to take the creature comforts out of a luxury GT car*

i don't want a "luxury GT car." If it were up to me, Id have manual windows and locks. Less is more, just look at the evo rs

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
OneJoeZee said:
Why didn't you buy an EVO then? :dunno: Or some other car that has "less."
Agreed! If I paied $30,000 for a car and it didn't have power windows I would be pissed! I think I'll stick with my $2,000 targa top, power window/door lock having supra! (Nice sig OneJoeZee) :biglaugh:

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
i would love to own an evo rs one day. this is how i see it, if it isn't there, it can't break. i hate electric throttles, and mercedes benz now makes there steering that doesn't even steer the car, its all electronic. all that electronic wizardry adds weight, which is the worst think you can add to a performance car. don't get me wrong, i love my car, and i know im a minority with my wants in a car. however, ill just rip the crap off that i don't think is necessary, like my ac and ps.

PLUS, i don't have anywhere near what i need to afford an evo rs ;)

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
OneJoeZee said:
Keep powersteering...

Some will say otherwise but I'll never understand it. It's only making things easier on you.

Ok, so maybe the parking lot is the only time you'll really need it alot. I don't know about you guys but I park my car everyday. :dunno:

Troof.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
gilberjj said:
i would love to own an evo rs one day. this is how i see it, if it isn't there, it can't break. i hate electric throttles, and mercedes benz now makes there steering that doesn't even steer the car, its all electronic. all that electronic wizardry adds weight, which is the worst think you can add to a performance car. don't get me wrong, i love my car, and i know im a minority with my wants in a car. however, ill just rip the crap off that i don't think is necessary, like my ac and ps.

PLUS, i don't have anywhere near what i need to afford an evo rs ;)

Why did you buy a Supra then if you're more interested in a bare bones type car?

(Real question, not a bash)

You could have bought a Miata, or an RX-7, or an MR2, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.