Powersteering cooler replacements

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Alright so I have been looking to find an alternate option for my powersteering and want to convert to IMCA canisters and an alternate cooler. I have been looking into some differnet style ones, does anyone have some options on a compact one that I can mount? I was going o use the stock oil cooler (which I do not have and need to source) but I was hoping to find something smaller.

For hoses I will be running either pushlock or SS braided hose. Looking for some opinions and choices from the upgraded supra runners.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
What year supra do you own? You might want to just upgrade to a 91-92 ps cooler. It is what I did, best part is it bolts right up, clean install and ez to upgrade (if you can find one)

A couple pics, Im sure you can figure out witch one is from the 91 sup ;)

p1698303_1.jpg

p1698303_2.jpg

p1698303_3.jpg

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
This is a good topic cause I wad planning on doing the same thing. Using the stock oil cooler as the ps cooler cause ill be running a full thermostat oil cooler set-up. I've cleaned it thoroughly of oil with paint thinner, alcohol, and compressed air.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
hmmm that is a nice option, it is hard to find I am sure though as not to many trashed 91 & 92s around haha I was looking also at some aftermarket options too

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I used the stock oil cooler for my PS... really easy. The hoses are to correct size and everything. I mounted it in the fog light hole with a little bracket.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Here's how I mounted my coolers- Full-flow oil cooler on DS, stock oil cooler (as a power steering cooler on the PS)
p1698717_1.jpg

Note: I have no A/C, so that may make a difference for sme people!