Power Window issue

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
I have been wiring up my power windows. Here is the problem, when hooked up to a battery the driver's switch does not operate any window. I can however jump the correct wires coming off of the harness at the switch and operate the driver's window. I did some basic continuity testing on the switch and it checks out. The terminals in the on the switch connector seem perfect. My only thought is that since I am using a battery which was dead before I started charging it (an hour previous), maybe the switch has too much resistance to it so too low of voltage reaches the window motor... Seems rather far-fetched though.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
First, what is the problem with the windows? What battery, I don't quite get it. If you had a low battery, and the car was not running, the window motor would just move slow.

Not doing anything is more of a broken wire issue. A switch is possible, I just haven't seen many. And like engine ECU's, the control unit for those is a reliable piece of hardware. I have seen one integration relay fail, but that is one. It just isn't likely. Do you have an 87 EWD? I am not even sure if you have an integration relay.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
I do have an integration relay. I am rewiring my entire car. My car is not runnable right now. The power window switch is verified good, as is all of the wiring up to the switch. I can get the window to go up and down by jumping the connector at the window switch. So the problem seems to be between the switch and the wiring up to it. Everything seems great.