power steering rack

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i hear ya,mine was leaking before.i haven't noticed it lately and the fluid is full,go figure

suprana1990

Apr 4, 2005
NYC
7msuprapower

do u have the electronic power steering rack or the manual?
if u look at the tsrm they have a PPS(progressive power steering) and a regular w/o PPS.

the link u posted uses a different name for the PPS i guess they call it EVO, i changed my prob. less than 5 month ago and mine is 1990 and it came without the PPS.

i think PPS is on the later models 91 and 92, u can look at ur car and figure if u have PPS or not by looking for a harness clip.

look in the tsrm past the powersteering it will indicate a harness clip and where it is.

7mSuprapower89

BILIAFTC
Mar 30, 2005
tulsa, ok
thanks for the replys guys, I just checked my rack out and it has the connector you are talking about, so I guess that means I have PPS or the EVO component. so I ordered the right part!

TargaSupra

Apr 4, 2005
Africa
Are the 89+ and 87 rack interchangeable? Anyone try this? All I care is that the power steering works and I could care less about the PVO. I have a 1989 and I think they gave me the wrong rack. I am almost done with the installation and I realized my old rack had PVO. Thanks.