Power steering grinding noise

91TSUPRA

Feb 10, 2009
NC
HI guys this it my first time post having issue with my car steer pump grinding when i turn steering so i ordered brand new pump of dealer put the pump in got everything hook up and bleed it and still get the grinding noise.

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
is it making the sound every time you hit full lock?
could be the little nylon limit covers on the steering stops, they fall off with age (my car was missing both sides) and when they do you get metal on metal clunk/grind when you turn to full lock.

91TSUPRA

Feb 10, 2009
NC
sorry take so long to reply it grinding as soon i turn my steering wheel

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

mkiiichip no i didnt not cleaned but how do u clean it?

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I'd clean the screen first, see where that gets you. It may just be getting starved due to junk in there. I would assume since you just changed all this that you do have enough fluid in there too ;)

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
They are not easy to clean, and the screen is not removable without damaging it. Just remove the res, pick you favorite solvent and start going at it.

You are using ATF in the power steering system, right?

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Check/clean screen as mentioned, also check the hose that runs from the reservoir to the pump for kinks or bends. The hose on mine was soft and kinked and was starting to collapse.

91TSUPRA

Feb 10, 2009
NC
thanks for the help guys i took the old reser out replaced with new one fill it up bleed it and that grinding noise is gone now ....new power steering pump and reservoir $550 ...