power seat switch... what to do?

thedcorvette

Dusty
Nov 21, 2008
MD
I was unpacking my car today, and to my misfortune, a guy pulled up about 2 feet from my MKIII:3d_frown:, and I had to try to jam myself through the 1ft gap that those long ass doors leave in my combat boots and BDUs... needless to say it didn't go well, and i managed to bust out the power seat switch on the drivers side that reclines/inclines the seat. Does anyone know where i can get this part and how much it will cost? I think i just busted the plastic trim, but i can't seem to find this piece anywhere. :: angry ::

here's a pic of my baby...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

also, i'm open to jury-rigs if that's what it comes down to, can't use my seat right now though

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
^^ I did the SAME exact thing back when i was doing pizza delivery as part of my second full time job few years back.
Maybe a trip to the wreckers will reveal a power seat you can nab the entire control and not dick around with pieces...

I myself would get around to fixing it sooner if i didn't like the position the seat is in. Down side is not pulling it up for passengers or reclining for a nap on road trips.
Thanks for reminding me of that... ;)
-Dave

thedcorvette

Dusty
Nov 21, 2008
MD
thedave925;1591061 said:
^^ I did the SAME exact thing back when i was doing pizza delivery as part of my second full time job few years back.
Maybe a trip to the wreckers will reveal a power seat you can nab the entire control and not dick around with pieces...

I myself would get around to fixing it sooner if i didn't like the position the seat is in. Down side is not pulling it up for passengers or reclining for a nap on road trips.
Thanks for reminding me of that... ;)
-Dave

Do you know of any aftermarket or other brand seats that might fit and look good on the cheap? i have maroon interior, but black wouldn't look bad i imagine.. i'm pretty handy with tools, so i'm sure i can do any swap myself, but if i can't get the piece, i'll have to do something about the seat before i give the car to my sister (can't bear selling it, and she needs something to get her around)