power at starter but not turning

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
The same wire that comes out of the fuse goes to IGSW. No need to trace look under the dash. Use the book and step through the connection points. Can also disconnect the battery and use ohms. Remember, owning a meter doesn't make you an electrician anymore than owning a guitar makes you a musician...

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
IG2 powers only the ecu, igniter/ignition coils, and fuel injectors.

You say you have no power at the ECU. Well, then check that you have power at igniter etc. If you do, then your problem is the wiring between the fuse and ecu. If everything is dead, then look at common wiring from the fuse for all of the above. You have to get in their and start troubleshooting.

farristrey

Jan 1, 2015
Clermont, FL
I know owning a meter doesn't make me an electrician, I'm far from it. I only know BASIC funtions of using the meter...ohming a fuse and checking for power. That's why this is such a struggle for me. I have no power at ignitor I just checked.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
That implies you have a problem with connector B1 or the fuse box. Since you have power at the fuse the ignition switch is good, at least the part we're concerned with.

Dunno what else to say except you're got two experienced electrical engineers trying to help. We've explained how it works, now you just need to get in there and find the problem.

farristrey

Jan 1, 2015
Clermont, FL
Ok. That particular problem is solved! Jetjock, the fuse box itself was bad. I realize now how easy it should have been to diagnose. On the key on, I had power TO IGN fuse but not b1 connector. I jumped IGSW out and got power TO THE ign fuse, but not beyond THAT. Replaced fuse box and vaolia. Now, I'm getting fuel, and spark, but the spark is very weak. My battery cables may be too small. It's still turning over slowly. My main concern is no injector pulse. Power on both sides, but no pulse when cranking. I get a code 51 and it's the only code. I've been researching threads but can't nail down the cause. I have power at the three injector ecu pins.

farristrey

Jan 1, 2015
Clermont, FL
I'll be crecking out the cps tomorrow for sure. What about the injectors not having a pulse? Would the cps have anything at all to do with the injectors NOT pulsing?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
farristrey;2052236 said:
What about the injectors not having a pulse? Would the cps have anything at all to do with the injectors NOT pulsing?

They fire together with the starter signal, and then it is dropped for CPS signal. No spark without CPS. Although I am fuzzy about cranking enrichment moving to Ne. I would have to dig up the book, or check the big thread.