Post your Pre-89 bumper thread

osama1234

Noob
Jun 30, 2007
vancity
This is one part(the front) i am still confused about..do the different year supra fronts vary aside from the bumper and corner lights.. like the actual body in terms of the hood or the side panel? I can't quite tell.
I say it because, I don't know why but some cars look incredible, and some look the same old POS. Is it just lowering it that causes them to look incredible, or these cars have slightly different bodywork? or is it just the angle you look at it? anyone else notice it?

Attachments

• DSCF0120.JPG
    DSCF0120.JPG
    745.5 KB · Views: 140

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
^---any car will look nice if well taken care of..

the pre 89 bumper looks more aggressive head-on, but a little weird, from an angle, considering the bottom part dips in and then out again...

the differences between pre 89's and 89+'s exterior wise is trim design/material, front bumper, turn signals, foglights, front emblem (91/92 only), rims (91/92 only) deletion of headlight squirters (in the US only, canada kept them for a few more), grille(s), mirrors, taillights, and spoilers...

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
frontendtowtruck.jpg

FSCN0993.JPG

Pic001rs.JPG

Full-size: http://deprived.krypt.com/Pic001.JPG

I plan on removing the front lip and lowering it more.

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
MK3.0dudeman said:
Post up pics of your pre 89 bumper.

here's mine it's a shity pic from my phone but I'll get better pics up soon.I took out my fog lights and my grill and than the extra plastic thats on there I dremeled.I also re painted my stock lip with bumper coating.

p847890_1.jpg

^^befor I lowerd the front^^

p847890_2.jpg

p847890_3.jpg

p847890_4.jpg

89 toyota supra turbo here
I was wondering how you did your bumper, did you use primer or paint?
I have a used bumper that i bought from the junk yard and it just has surface scratches. My old one is toast it has a big ole chunk missing.
I am only 16 yrs old and My dad is helping me with my Supra. My budget is zero, so all help is appreciated

Thank you
-Steve

balong

suprastar
Mar 17, 2007
Calgary
hey guys. ill answer for jenya, he's my bud and frequents SF more
his foglights are from silvia headlights custom fitted
and its lowered on megan coilovers
its even lower now

Jenya

SupraBoii
Feb 8, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Hey thanks for the positive comments about my car guys;

The fog lights like Ben said are out of a S13 silvia (projector yellow lenses), and are custom fit into my pre - 89 cases.

ShineAutoProject, nice car, what wheels are those?