湾岸せん
p1748372_1.jpg

wobssorc

Jul 27, 2011
Bundaberg
MK3.0dudeman;1748202 said:
wow this thread came back from the dead

thats blue supra is defiantly different

is different bad? I like to be different. Might put up a new member thread with other pics of my a70. (or mk3 as you blokes call em) :)

88 Blue_Dragon

Wish i hadn't sold my sup
Dec 3, 2008
Beaverton, Or
SupraSideView1of1.jpg

I thought I'd try to get this tread going again. I dont know who's supra this is but I love how clean it is.

Wish I hadnt sold my 88 targa :-( but Im searching for another :)

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Just a quick question, I am replacing my front bumper and waiting for my fogs to arrive, the replacement bumper I bought came with the crash bar in it, the bumper is disassembled ready for prep and paint, can you put the bumper on the car with the crash bar on the car or do you have to put the bumper + crash bar on the car all together, I haven't had much time to look into it so thanks in advance for any response

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Bumper comes off more or less easily enough with the crash bar in place. Lot of bolts/nuts involved IIRC...

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Thanks for the reply, yeah most of the bolts sheered off in removal of the one on the ga70 bumper, do you know if the crash bars are the same ?
Instead of putting nuts and bolts through the crash bar I may use rivnuts, good or bad idea ?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
ryansmith;1886113 said:
Thanks for the reply, yeah most of the bolts sheered off in removal of the one on the ga70 bumper, do you know if the crash bars are the same ?
Instead of putting nuts and bolts through the crash bar I may use rivnuts, good or bad idea ?
I believe you posted a unique thread along these lines didn't you? Far as I know, the only differences between the GA70 and MA70 are the engine, front fenders, and the gauge clusters are a bit different. Crash bar should be the same on ALL A70 cars.

I've never removed the crash bar, so I don't know if rivnuts would do any harm. I've only ever removed the bumper cover itself.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
te72;1886322 said:
I believe you posted a unique thread along these lines didn't you? Far as I know, the only differences between the GA70 and MA70 are the engine, front fenders, and the gauge clusters are a bit different. Crash bar should be the same on ALL A70 cars.

I've never removed the crash bar, so I don't know if rivnuts would do any harm. I've only ever removed the bumper cover itself.

Uhm no I haven't posted a unique thread, thought I would ask in here first but you have answered my questions, thanks

xzeror;1886451 said:

Damn, that's clean, want your front lip...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
ryansmith;1886454 said:
Uhm no I haven't posted a unique thread, thought I would ask in here first but you have answered my questions, thanks
Sure thing Ryan, I might be getting old, or someone else posted a very similar question in another thread. :p

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
sm_photo_missing.jpg

destroyed the lip on the way home after this.. the car is going full 89+ front as a result. it's just time, especially since the rest of the car has already been converted.