post pictures of your exhaust!!!!!!!!!

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
It's a GReddy SP. Fairly quiet at idle with stock downpipe. Looks good and sounds great.

2506980263_045254a904.jpg

2506980053_d852ebeedd.jpg

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
SupraBlur;771091 said:
As long as you are using it as you just described, I can dig it. Most people I hear about, however, have something stock or stock-ish when the electric cutout is closed, and then they open it whenever they want to drive aggressively. It seems idiotic to me to switch on the street from weak and pathetic to loud and illegal. Maybe people aren't aware that through a stock exhaust system, even if you have a 60-1, you're probably not going to break 300 rwhp, and the top end of the power band is no fun at all -- and then when they open it to have power, it's so obnoxiously loud that you can literally hear it from a mile away. I'd rather have a reasonable-volume exhaust which I can enjoy all the time without having to look over my shoulder.

-Ray

I have to agree. When I originally heard about the cutout which comes back from old hot rodders running a y to a cap for daily driving then removing it for the track. I liked the idea. My downpipe is 3" custom and I assumed when the shop did my exhaust that the rest of the way would be 3' also (Not!!). I have changed the setup 2 times each time reducing that annoying drone. The cutout is fun at the light or next to a muscle car. You get that look like whats he got in there...and the car looks stock.

On the 92 I have the rsr, which I love. After hearing that on I'm tempted to put it on the 89 also, as soon as the money tree starts blooming again.

btw You have one great looking car.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
RedEj8;1028098 said:
WTF is it? maybe i'm just drunk but i cant tell from the pics.

nah its not so much your fault, although I would imagine the canister design would have easily given it away. its a modified Blitz Nur Spec, I absolutely hated how they designed it.. I could never figure why they didn't use the angled more straight through design the mkiv uses, so I made it just the way I wanted it.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
here are some pics of my nurspec. i love the high rpm power band it gave my car. i'm selling my stock exhaust for $80 if anyone wants it on sf by the way. in great shape. looks like its stainless.

p1028429_1.jpg

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
i took my side pipes off... i dont think im going to put them back on because i dragged them more in the 2 days After going from 225/60/16's to 225/50/16's than i did the entire year prior. sooo... i decided a change for the quieter would be welcome. so i hacked up a 2002 WRX axle back and fitted it under my car. now i just have to make a connection between my 3" mid pipe to the 2" Axleback. ill rock a quiet exhaust for a little while. then when i crave the noise, im going to make a 4" from the 3" mid pipe and use a resonated Diesel truck tip since ive grown a distaste for canister mufflers...

pics of the Subaru exhaust to come when i get back in town. (actually a better looking stock exhaust than the OEM Supra setup) :)