Post pictures of your DD/Beaters!

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
totaled it twice in the front end. last time got smashed in the rad support and pushed the subframe in. I put alot of wrench time in it so it good. just need new bumper cover and put the grill in.

Ish

SM Pimp
Apr 5, 2005
Socal
johnathan1;962141 said:
There's a car that looks EXACTLY like that one that parks outside of my house almost everyday...it has a surging idle (goes up and down constantly) and he for some reason feels the need to sit and let it idle for up to 15 minutes at a time. And it has a loud exhaust. O_O This isn't you is it? lol

Ha. No, mine isn't that loud. It's completely stock. :)

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
32mpg highway with gas and 6psi, 14mpg city at 13psi w/E85:biglaugh:
pic0018no5.jpg

p1090029bs9ye1.jpg

Other beater:
478910_1_full.jpg

2864782_1_full.jpg

478910_21_full.jpg

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Nice truck! :) 22re or 3vz? I'll take a guess and say 22re?

Also, guys/gals, PLEASE replace
with [thumb] blah blah blah [/ thumb] when quoting posts with pictures so I don't have to keep doing it! It makes every moderator's job MUCH easier. Otherwise we have to edit EVERY post that has quoted images, and replace the tags with thumb tags.

It keeps the threads cleaner, easier to read, and it's not annoying! :)

Thanks!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
They are... relatively...

I just did the headgasket on mine, and while I was in there, I also did the Timing set. Ready to go for another 150k.

Most people don't have that problem, it's just that I think the P.O. neglected this thing.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Thanks :) The wagon is a blast, I tend to go a little crazy no matter what I'm working on ;)

4-runner has a 22re, original lasted 250k before spinning a rod bearing (partially my fault, was running it hard as hell on a back road in the mountains). Ended up putting a Jasper remanned engine in it because I only had a weekend to get it running again before moving from VA to TX.

It's been ~30k since then and I'm on my second engine, first one started burning tons of oil after 20k and it took almost a year of fighting to get it replaced (under warranty). I would NOT recommend these guys, the 3yr/75k warranty is a joke and their QC sucks. They did everything they could to blame the oil burning on me, luckily the warranty shop I had to take it to called Jasper's bluff. I'm not sure the new one is going to last either, the timing chain is already making noise on startup, I'm thinking about tearing into it and putting a steel backed timing set in :3d_frown:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
That's fun. I just did the timing chain set (gears, tensioner, chain, and guides) when I replaced my headgasket. :)

zm_br

spool me
Oct 30, 2005
Naperville, IL
www.cardomain.com
[thumb]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/shaeff/94%20toyota%20pickup/frontleft.jpg[/thumb]
:love: if i were to buy a truck, this is the generation i'd get.

here's what i drive daily:
p968459_1.jpg

p968459_2.jpg

06 tC. lowered, tints, fogs and spoiler are about the only mods. speakers have been replaced, and a carputer is in the plans.

I drive my gf's 02 4Runner when I'm at her place or we're going around town. Sure is a fun truck in the winter. I can't find a pic online of hers, but it's silver a SR5.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
zm_br;968459 said:
[thumb]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/shaeff/94%20toyota%20pickup/frontleft.jpg[/thumb]

Thanks. It's my favorite gen, too. :)

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
zm_br;968459 said:

here's what i drive daily:

06 tC. lowered, tints, fogs and spoiler are about the only mods. speakers have been replaced, and a carputer is in the plans.

I drive my gf's 02 4Runner when I'm at her place or we're going around town. Sure is a fun truck in the winter. I can't find a pic online of hers, but it's silver a SR5.

nice car those TC's but remember they flip easy

blake

Apr 25, 2005
Minnesota
This is what I put most of the miles on (seen here partway back from Prudhoe Bay Alaska):

rover.jpg

When it's a bit nicer out and I want to pretend I'm driving the Supra:

bmw.jpg

For towing, or long trips with lots of stuff, or just hauling crap around town:

van.jpg

It's not strictly mine, but I drive it as much or more than any of the other cars in this list (and yes, this is actually the photo array taken by the dealer we bought it from, turns out I don't have any decent pictures of it):

a8.jpg

And finally, whenever I need a reminder of my own mortality:

fireblade.jpg