Post LED clusters and climate controls.

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
unfortunately everything flopped for me because my parents are now too afraid to use ebay lol. They're so paranoid about credit card fraud and stuff like that so I won't be able to do the mod unless I find a friend that's willing to let me use his ebay account. But I'll keep trying to get the LED's lol I'm not gunna quit. Anyway those green gauges really do look good.

s!ke

JDM Tyte Yo!
Jun 17, 2006
San Jose, California
Dan_Gyoba;934347 said:
Well, I bought some 3mm LEDs... Waiting for them to arrive.

I'm thinking that to go with my deck, I'll do the buttons in red, and the indicators on the climate control in blue. I'll probably also change over the lamps in the instrument cluster to red at the same time. I already have a bunch of 5mm LEDs, though I'll also considre red incandescent lamps, since I like the dimming function.

i have an alpine deck and i am doing my CC with blue buttons and red indicators. :)

also, my LEDs do dim by the way.

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
gsmokez;934956 said:
yeah the only store I know around here that sells LEDs is The Source and its like $3 for one so if you need 29 LEDs...... you can do the math lol.

You live in Brampton, there are many places to go to, check 411.ca

Or just go to Sayal Electronics at Dixie and Matheson.

They cary every electronic component in existance. Thousands of resistors, transistor, capacitor, diode, ect.

Bag of $100 LEDs for a few bucks, except for blue, they are a little more expensive but still far cheaper than the source. Just be for warned to bring someone along that understands how to read the values/tolerances of the components because there are several types of every colour LED.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
i understand how u get the leds to be lue pretty straight foward but how do you get the tmeperature to be another color?

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
Is there a guide on how to do that one? Because thats one thing I really don't want to be messing around with. The temperature readout seems like one of those things that can be messed up very easily.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
@gsmokez: I bought 100 each of 3mm red and blue. I have other uses for them as well, but if you want, PM me. we can arrange for you to send me a cheque, and I'll mail you enough to do your CC unit.

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
Thanks for the offer Dan but I don't have cheques either. I don't know about other people but I don't think 16 year olds get cheques down here lol. Its aryte I'm going to do what blackout said and go to that Sayal Electronics place. So once I get the LEDs I'll put some pictures up once I'm done.

Hey blackout have you ever been to that store and seen the LED's because either they're not on the site or I can't find the LED's on the site.

Last edited:

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
red/green/yellow/white you can get in bags of 100 for a few bucks (around $5.00)

The blue LEDs cost more, around $1 each.

There are about 20 different types of each colour of LED so make sure you know how to read the packaging.

http://www.sayal.com/
Keyword search LED

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
I was going to tell you to go to Dixie and Matheson as well. I know I've seen LED's there before. Thanks to this thread, it has forced me out of hibernation to do the blue colour change as well. It looks so good I just have to do it.

With that said, gsmokes, when are you planning on going down there? I'm going to have to go myself. I'll drive ya seeing as you live in Brampton.

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
I don't really know. Seeing as how its a dollar for each blue led its gunna cost me about $30+ tax so whenever I get that I'll go down. Hopefully soon. I could borrow it from my brother though lol. When you planning on going?

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
gsmokez;937232 said:
I don't really know. Seeing as how its a dollar for each blue led its gunna cost me about $30+ tax so whenever I get that I'll go down. Hopefully soon. I could borrow it from my brother though lol. When you planning on going?

Within a week. I have to get it done and reinstalled soon so I can drive it to a shop to get a new tranny put in.

My work hours are pretty flexible, let me know what time is good for you.

As for coming up with the $30, maybe we can work something out. PM me and we'll talk.