Possibly selling my Supra...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
ive lost money on every project ive ever had except one....a b18 swapped, built and turbo'd civic coupe. guy offered me twice what it cost me to build, that thing was gone the next day.

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
That's probably the most you're ever going to get offered for you're car so I say sell it.

If you need the keysh.

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
rayall01;1357588 said:
There's not enough money in the world for me to sell mine. I'll drive it to the grave before I sell it.

This.

Supra-Man18;1357614 said:
There isn't enough money in My pocket to finish My supra... But its still stayin right here with me :D

This. Just my .02. Hell When I was driving mines this morning I heard this loud rattling noise coming from the front of the car and the first thing I thought was "It's time for a rebuild". Thank God it was only something that came up and was rattling on my car REALLY LOUD. It didn't help that at the same time my oil pressure gauge and rpm gauge stopped working (blown fuse). I dodged a .50 caliber bullet there but not once did I think about selling the car. Sorry for the rant LOL hope it helps.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
rayall01;1357588 said:
There's not enough money in the world for me to sell mine. I'll drive it to the grave before I sell it.

But we aren't talking about your car for 6K are we? :)

IJ.;1358026 said:
I'm sorry if it offends people but they're just cars I'm not into the whole emotional attachment touchy feely feel good thing.

Thats because you are IJ the Grumpy Old Man. =P (Althought i feel the same way with all cars except this one supra i put more in this than any. All others are a loss unless i can make something from it.)

I say sell it. Its a good chunk of change for a car over 200K. Its in great shape and they will not be disappointed.

Warpath

Help me Jeebus!!
Oct 28, 2008
St.Louis
IJ.;1358026 said:
I'm sorry if it offends people but they're just cars I'm not into the whole emotional attachment touchy feely feel good thing.

Lol, so true. Some people take it to an extreme.

-Jim

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
IF you sell I'd say use that as a DP for an mk4 :) Very clean car and I wouldn't sell if because someone offered me money on it unless you yourself want to sell the car.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
johnathan1;1357871 said:
I could buy a serious, nice german car with the cash, but then I would just feel like everyone else driving it! :p

I'm not saying my '95 M3 is serious by any means, but if I had to sell the Supra or the M3, both in stock form or modified, I'd sell the M3 in a heartbeat. The overall feel of the Supra is just right, in my opinion.

The MKIII can be just as much of a track monster if you wish it to be, much faster, easier AND cheaper to maintain. It wins hands down in my book.

The other side of the spectrum, if you're more into luxury, is the fact that the Supra is already a quick GT car, and very advanced in design for it's age. Now, if you're looking at say, an e39 M5, then by all means, go for it. LOL

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
IJ.;1357586 said:
If someone offered me what I considered a good price my car would be gone in 60 seconds>>>>>>>>>>>>
+1, did that with my old 2j car. Posted it FS for my take it home price, someone showed the money and away it went.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
If you can sleep at night for $6000, sell it.

I would not be able to stomach a nickle less than $9000 for mine. If someone came along and offered me that for it, I wouldn't hesitate to sell it.

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
Seems odd that so many say sell it. Why would anyone put so much time and effort into a car they didn't love? Each and every Supra is unique now, in their own ways. All are something special to treasure. It's these kinds of feelings that brought us to this place originally. The look, the sound, the power, and the handling of the car draw us to it. Why buy it in the first place, if it means so little to you? Wouldn't any piece of crap get you where you're going? If it's just a tool, why put any more time in it, than needed to keep it running? It's sad to see so many people who don't seem to grasp the mystique of this machine.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
rayall01;1359161 said:
Seems odd that so many say sell it. Why would anyone put so much time and effort into a car they didn't love? Each and every Supra is unique now, in their own ways. All are something special to treasure. It's these kinds of feelings that brought us to this place originally. The look, the sound, the power, and the handling of the car draw us to it. Why buy it in the first place, if it means so little to you? Wouldn't any piece of crap get you where you're going? If it's just a tool, why put any more time in it, than needed to keep it running? It's sad to see so many people who don't seem to grasp the mystique of this machine.

Ok, without being too overly sensational, let me just say that I understand what you're saying...and I can appreciate all of the points you are making. I love the Supra, and I think it's a great car, with this particular one having almost five years of my life, blood, sweat and tears in it. (Literally)

I also think that there are other cars out there that are just as amazing, that I might want to give a try too. Maybe it's time for a new project? The only thing that makes me want to keep the Supra is that I know it like the back of my hand, and I can easily fix just about any problem I might encounter with it, whereas with any other new car, there is a steep learning curve that must be overcome. (Unless I buy something new, of course.) There's a lot to consider, IMO.

I have been thinking about replacing both of my cars with a Mercedes SL, but I need to drive one before ultimately deciding. :)

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
buy low, sell high you don't get that opportunity often, sell

Oh, and forget the SL looks nice but you'll reel from the upkeep

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
cool, I should have clarified that with.... know a good mechanic, are a good merc mechanic, etc.
I'd give my left nut for a CLS 55

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
rayall01;1359161 said:

It's just a car.... :nono:

damn you sound like a 12 year old when you start dribbling this crap

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
I get like a 12 y/o when I think of 600 hp in this

WaM_Mercedes_CLS55_03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.