Possibly Getting Subwoofer+Amp, Questions

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
Yeah might be getting one so I have questions lol. My deck is a Alpine 9884

1.All I am gonna get is the subwoofer *in a box* and the amp, will I need a capacitor? or just the wiring to connect the amp to the battery, and the amp to the subwoofer and the amp to the radio?

2. How hard is the wiring? What I mean is, how much do I have to take apart to gett he wiring to the trunk?

3. What is the easiest way to wire everything?

thank you

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Wiring is simple. No do not use a capacitor. Youll need to run a power wire (fuse) to the amp, a remote wire from the headunit to the amp, and your RC cables to the amp. The way I did mine, was I made a tiny hole to fit the power wire through the fire wall to run to the back of the car. Some will agree its fine to do, others will say no dont do that. To each his own. Anyways, I then ran my wires along the wiring harness in the chasis. Its along the edge of the carpet, right along the bottom door sill. I ran all my wires down along that, and they are perfectly hidden.

Edit: If you dont want to make a hole in the fire wall, you can always run it through the engine harness groumet. Thatll take more time to do though. Have fun man.

Last edited: