possible vac leaks

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
whilst looking about the engine bay for a possible coolant leak (hoping it isnt bhg as no symptoms now) i managed to have a quick check of some of the vac system pipes. when i squeezed the one that goes into the intake manifold at the very front edge the engine slows to a more normal idle speed.

Could this be the cause of the idle issues?

are there kits available to replace all the vac lines on a ge? ie like silicone hose kits or suchlike?

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
you can always hit up a autozone, they have those red and blue silicone hose kits

i work their haha :)

if not, just get a bunch of regular vacuum hose's and go through and replace them all. thats what i'll be doing here soon.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
their silicone hose kits say they're not supposed to be used as vac lines, iirc. check with samco and get a full set.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Clip;926167 said:
sorry, i was incorrect. it's a hosetechniques kit you're looking for, here's the link:

http://www.suprasport.com/HoseTechniques-kit-_p_86-180.html

you should be able to adapt a gte to a ge

I bought mine straight off Hose techniques.com for about the same price. It came with a couple of nice little hose splitter/cutters, and stickers too. You can also by any of the sizes you want by the 10 foot lot I believe.

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
ForcedTorque;927382 said:
I bought mine straight off Hose techniques.com for about the same price. It came with a couple of nice little hose splitter/cutters, and stickers too. You can also by any of the sizes you want by the 10 foot lot I believe.

i just looked...looks like its about $10 less on hose techniques site