possible to check/adjust timing with code 52?

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Background: just finished HG job today, runs as it did before (decent) but has code 52 popping up occasionally, and had code 11 pop up at first startup (hasn't come back).

I understand code 52 is the KS code, have to rewire it etc, however I'd very much like to check timing tomorrow morning before I drive to college (and drive back this coming weekend to fiddle with everything more, and do a re-torque).

Does code 52 retard timing throughout the ENTIRE rpm band? Just when the CEL is on? At a certain throttle point?

Will I be able to check/adjust timing with the code 52 stored?

Should be a quick yes or no question. I searched but turned up empty handed.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
You're welcome. The system isn't in Fail Safe unless the MIL is illuminated. That it had been at one point and the code got stored for later diagnostic display is meaningless. Just be sure the light is out "at the time" and code 51 is not present.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Sounds good, I always like to know the 'why' behind what is going on. I'll fiddle with it until I can check timing, I know the CEL doesn't illuminate while it is idling. Most likely I'll go drive to warm it up, park it, pull the EFI fuse to reset it and check it there.